Thread: ******* Hell

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry ******* Hell

I was having a drive today, the road wasn't a nice one it was 2 lane back lane. There was a van 2 cars in front I think that stopped hard so everyone had to stop hard, I had to anchor on and my car stopped on a dime, this **** behind me in an Audi A4 1.8T SPORT P Reg, skidded into me at about 20-30mph, Iím sure the road was only 30 for a start.

Obviously when I got out I could have killed him but I had to think about the insurance and he wasn't exactly tiny. But after I clamed down I noticed there wasn't much damage(If Any) on the exterior till I lifted up the book cover and saw cracks and crumples then I shut it before I passed out with rage. Got his details etc, went home and my dad broke the bad news, itís going to be a write off I think. Where itís crumpled around / under the spare tyre itís pushed into the patrol tank and knocked a hole in my exhaust (2 days before MOT).

I only had an accident a couple days before xmas as you might of read from other thread and only had the car nearly 2 months. I hope I get book value (around 2300) for it and get to keep it for around £300 because itís perfectly driveable.

I suppose itís lucky I didnít do any mods yet and Iím going to milk this whiplash, anyone had experience with claiming for whiplash and such?

Iíll upload some inside damage pics tomorrow and he phoned me with his insurance no and ref #.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    m8 never great news to here! i hope you get it sorted with insurance! and it happens m8 just got to take it ont he chin not worth getting yourself in trouble nd not getting anything but a police warning!

oops didnt read you wer from conwall where abouts m8? nd where did it happen?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I flew into the side of a car once - silly sod pulled out in front of me - I was on a motorbike.

My insurance company automatically claimed for my bruised ego and broken wrist. I got £3k for the broken wrist and had to see an independent doctor to assess the injuries.

There is actually a book containing injuries and their related compensation amounts. But its not widely available and I had to ask a solicitor at work for a look.

All to common a problem people tail gateing. I travel daily on the M56 and without fail everyday see loads to pratts travelling at 70 mph about 3 inches behind the car in front.

I gave up biking after this incident - its just too dangerous given the number of plebs in cars that drive around.
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clatters View Post
    m8 never great news to here! i hope you get it sorted with insurance! and it happens m8 just got to take it ont he chin not worth getting yourself in trouble nd not getting anything but a police warning!

oops didnt read you wer from conwall where abouts m8? nd where did it happen?
    Helston to Redruth road, just outside lanner hill

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats not good its a nasty road sam, coming from helston i know its dodgy, what car were you in

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam666 View Post
    [COLOR=black]I suppose itís lucky I didnít do any mods yet and Iím going to milk this whiplash, anyone had experience with claiming for whiplash and such?

Iíll upload some inside damage pics tomorrow and he phoned me with his insurance no and ref #.

It's idiots like you who make false injury claims that push up the price of insurance. if you are injured then claim for your injuries, but don't think you can make a killing, some one has to pay in the end.

Also remember that oneday you could hit some one and be in the other position.....would you like to deal with someone with your attitude?

Getting angry over someone's mistake is not going to help.

Sorry mate, it's a car and no one was badly hurt, that's what's important!
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K3FUS View Post
    It's idiots like you who make false injury claims that push up the price of insurance. if you are injured then claim for your injuries, but don't think you can make a killing, some one has to pay in the end.

Also remember that oneday you could hit some one and be in the other position.....would you like to deal with someone with your attitude?

I was on the receiving end before xmas, his insurance will pay out, I spent a 16 hour trip to get that car and I got a good deal also so ill never get back what it means to me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey sam
    didnt think you had it legal on the road yet as you posted 3 days ago you had to get mot and tax at the end of the month
    anyhow glad your ok

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tillyastra View Post
    hey sam
    didnt think you had it legal on the road yet as you posted 3 days ago you had to get mot and tax at the end of the month
    anyhow glad your ok
    It runs out tomorrow and itís booked in Thursday and now thereís a big hole in my back box now

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K3FUS View Post

I have to agree with K3FUS with this.

Claim for anything you're due, but don't take the piss. It's not fair on other people who might actually REQUIRE it, but don't get it.

You're alive, no mega injuries and you live to **** another day. Some people don't come off so lightly and get very little, if anything at all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast