Thread: What is involved in a first service?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is involved in a first service?

Noob here
    I have a MK5 1.7CDTI and was wondering what is involved in a first service. I would of done it myself if it diesel and a new a car!
    I just dont want to make sure I am not getting done over.

Bird

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oil and oil filter change at a guess. Plus a look over. To be honest they are a rip off. I work for a main dealer so I am used to em.

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From memory it goes something like this:
    Arrange for the day off work
    Book car in for it's first service first thing in the morning
    Plan how to spend the rest of your day after car is done; check weather and see it will be a perfect day to spend cruising your favorite bit of road
    Arrive at dealership
    Car keys get taken away and you get offered a seat and a coffee
    When you have finished reading the newspaper/s and promotional propaganda provided, and watched the dead boring morning TV shows and had enough coffee to fill your bladder, you eventually get annoyed enough to go up and ask "how's my car going?"
    "Your car will be seen to shortly, sir." At this point you again look into the car yard and see your car is right where you left it several hours ago.
    Great . . . there goes the morning.
    Around lunch time you finally get called up to the counter. "All OK, sir. What? You wanted us to change the oil and filter? You should have asked us to do that, sir. We'll need to book you in again next week! And the charge for this service today will be an arm and a leg for doing nothing but waste your morning."
    By now, you have really had enough, hand over the credit card, sign the receipt, grab the keys and go.
    Jump into your pride and joy and find greasy hand prints on the steering wheel and stereo, which has been tuned to some 17-year-old's head banging station.
    And then you realise that you have just wasted an entire morning, and a substantial amount of cash, to have your car seen to by the latest apprentice in-take and you shudder at what revs he attained in the short drive from the car park to the service bay.
    And you begin to wonder why you ever bothered to do this after all the bad responses you remember reading on some internet forum about service received at dealerships.
    Will you ever do this again? Probably . . . at least once more to see if it happens again. It will. And you will again resolve to never leave your car at a dealership again.

Good luck!
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds about right. But then again at my dealership we have not got a telly so you don't get to watch the morning tv part

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the garage i use is only a 15 minuets away, so i drop off, go home, get a call to say its ready and pick it up

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I service my car myself & have done since day 1 as its much cheaper & I trust my workmanship over a garage, but if your book is not fully dealer stamped, if a warranty claim arrives they tend not to cough up! up2 u m8.