Thread: ming

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy ming

Hi all just bought ma first diesel, 1.7dti. Got a power issue, when setting off very sluggish nothing much happening between 1-2000 revs then it starts to pick up. Same thing happens when i change into 2nd sometimes have to drop back down to 1st, when i do get going no probs. Changed the oil,fuel & air filters along with the oil, only used to the quick responce of a petrol. Is it me or has any one got any ideas as to whats wrong?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I take it you have never driven a durv before? It will be sluggish till the turbo comes on boost thats all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg View Post
    It has happened in the past , but I do try to be discrete but a 'poo with a view' is one of life's simple pleasures IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    i have owned two fannys that have blown smoke

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I Know Their Sluggish But When I Set Off Ive To Get Up To 2000revs Before I Start To Move

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think yourself lucky my first car was a Ford perfect and you had to get 2000rpm just to get the air vacume windscreen wipers to work in the rain. But seriously mate as you don,t know the history of the vehicle best get a diagnostic done.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Ming, I have had a similar problem with my 1.9 cdti took it to vaux and it turns out the manifold is f***ed. hope this helps

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    2000revs to set off doesn't sound too disimilar to standard in all honesty. its a bloody small black diesel FFS

my 83hp 2.0Di mk4 estate used to need you to give it some heavy right foot to get anywhere, thats just how the older engines are. made life fun when i went back to petrol until I adjusted, thats for sure
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what bhp is a 1.7 dti ? I remember driving an early mondeo tdi - a 1.8 I think and to pull out at a roundabout you had to wait for a massive gap then pray...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    depending on the age (as to whether its a X17DTL or a X17DT) it's ~ 75bhp IIRC
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.