Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Friday afternoon car ???/

Hi

have started a new post as my boot problems have all been sorted now .... one down lots more to go

Issue with horn not working when lights are on has still not been resolved - Vauxhall have provided fixes to the garage but these have also failed to work. Still more testing required.(replaced various wiring looms/harnesses)

Rust patch - this may just be a stain coming from the door hinges - hopefully this is the case as not it seems my car did not have full vauxhall service history when I purchased from Dealership - so body work warrenty is void

Alternator failed whilst driving - theis has not been replaced along with tensioner and belt

My other problem that I have now is that I want rid of my car and hope the next owner has more luck with it - unfortunately I am unable to sell it privately with these issues still now resolved by Vauxhall. If I trade it in I have to accept a lower trade in price..... anyone have any ideas of how I am able to speed up this repair process with Vauxhall or gain some kind of deal from them ???

I do believe that the horn issue has been present since I purchased car last August - Network Q test certainly doesn;t cover trying horn with lights on !! So not sure how I stand with dealer I purchased from.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I'm going to move this to the main forum as your not really asking electrical questions and you may get more responce there
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So basically your outstanding problems are the horn not working with the lights on and your rust problem????

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    main issues of concern at moment yes along with the being unable to sell privately - several others which will deal with after these main ones.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pls see link - someone else with the problem
    http://www.wigantoday.net/wigannews/...orn.3839498.jp

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    seems it may now be the wiring harness still and that the one replaced was faulty - car going in tomorrow so hopefully issue will be resolved