Thread: Driver Improvement Course

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Driver Improvement Course

Before Christmas I had an accident, head on with a taxi in a shitty Hyundai Accent Mvi (yellow lol) totally my fault, driving like a **** in a bad car and not long after I passed my test. I was all legal, had to pay all the raping removal fees to get out of a hedge, £270 luckily because I could get the car removed from the company so it wasnít a lot more.

Anyway I thought I gotten away with it with the Police until last week when they sent me this letter I thought because I never admitted it etc and there was **** all evidence. But I was wrong obviously. I know for a fact the course is more then £135 (bad time right now lol), and apparently this there doing now but only once every 3 years.

Before anyone says, what about the other guy? He milked my insurance, he didnít get hurt but both cars was right offs; lucky enough I was wearing a seat belt also and had an airbag.

Has anyone done this before? Iím dreading it. Also I like the way they can't even spell Samuel and not even get my postcode right.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have heard they are a good experience, although getting the letter isn't. it is alot better then getting points and fine

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by an_alien View Post
    i have heard they are a good experience, although getting the letter isn't. it is alot better then getting points and fine
    I don't fancy sharing a car with a chavy boy racer that can't drive either, Iíll be wearing my seat belt for sure lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I know of folk who've done i think it's this course. Said you watch videos and what have you, just basic stuff to try and make sure you don't do it again

Had to laugh at your post though - because in one breath you admit you drove like a **** but in the follow up it's like you're having a dig at the other bloke for milking the insurance, when he'd actually never have been able to do that if you hadn't driven like a **** in the first place.

Not lecturing you by any means, but that bit just gave me something of a chuckle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    I know of folk who've done i think it's this course. Said you watch videos and what have you, just basic stuff to try and make sure you don't do it again

Had to laugh at your post though - because in one breath you admit you drove like a **** but in the follow up it's like you're having a dig at the other bloke for milking the insurance, when he'd actually never have been able to do that if you hadn't driven like a **** in the first place.

Not lecturing you by any means, but that bit just gave me something of a chuckle
    I'm on both sides of the fence , can only blame your self for so much

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah ive done one of these. it wasnt too bad. you just watch some videos, then go around driving with an instructor in the car, and they see what you're doing wrong.

they made me go like 60 down some scary country lanes. was quite fun. i got to do it in a 206 2.0hdi, which was actually quite quick

much better than points

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionblur View Post
    yeah ive done one of these. it wasnt too bad. you just watch some videos, then go around driving with an instructor in the car, and they see what you're doing wrong.

they made me go like 60 down some scary country lanes. was quite fun. i got to do it in a 206 2.0hdi, which was actually quite quick

much better than points
    Thing is, I don't want to look like an ass in a new car I hate driving new cars I like to get to use to one car.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did one last week in Devon. It was much better than i was expecting, I was dreading it. My practical instructor was great, we just cruised around for a couple of hours. It was an automatic so driving it was simple. Forgot to change gears in my own car on the way home though lol.

Some of the other people on the course said their prac. inst. was a douche though. Put one of the atendees off so bad they couldn't face driving in for the second day. Hopefully you get a good one.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have to do this aswell after my crash... mine is happening in June and it is £187 in the Avon and Somerset Constabulary region....
    No longer a Astra Owner
    Now Drives -2006 Skoda Octavia vRs in Race Blue

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcastraDTi View Post
    I have to do this aswell after my crash... mine is happening in June and it is £187 in the Avon and Somerset Constabulary region....
    Jesus, more money then I was expecting, I sent replied to letter this week, when did you reply to yours?

Iím guessing I should ticked automatic for an easier exam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast