Thread: Hardwire kit for road angel compact plz help ;@)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hardwire kit for road angel compact plz help ;@)

Hi peeps, ive bought a Road angel compact for my astra-as the title says i want it to be hardwire in instead of running the typical lead infront of the dashboard (had this is my last astra bloody annoying) ive looked around and HALFRAUDS want £39.99 to do it i can buy the hardwire kit for £9.99 from road angel them selfs but havent got a clue how to fit it i know it wires in to back of the fuse board?!? correct me if im wrong? any help would be appreciated
    Astra Mk4 GSi
    Powered by EDS software!

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how is it normally powered? just a fag lighter plug I take it?

..and what else is in this magic £40 kit?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it would normally be plugged in to the fag lighter,couldnt beleive when halfrauds wanted £39.99 for it to be hardwired in lol piss takers im just about to buy the hardwire kit from road angel£9.99 its another fag lighter with two wires with spade bit connectors on the end taking thats what goes in the fuse board somewhere
    Astra Mk4 GSi
    Powered by EDS software!

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right the simple way to do it is..

Solder a wire to the centre pin of the lighter plug, and another one to one of the side pins. Wrap the plug in insulating tape so it can't short against anything

then connect them to the back of the fag lighter - making sure you get live to live and earth to earth. Then hide it all behind the dash

even simpler is to get a fag lighter extension lead and cut the socket part off (leaving about 6" of cable) and then connect the cables to the back of the fag lighter socket. Make sure you secure the road angel plug into the socket so it can work loose behind the dash

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All you need to do is find an ignition live feed behind the fuse box and a good earth to the body near the fuse box

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    At work when hard wiring these things in we do pretty much as above and hard wire a new ciggy lighter under the dash to plug the unit into so it's all hidden away. I'm sure they can be got from maplins for a couple of quid
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    At work when hard wiring these things in we do pretty much as above and hard wire a new ciggy lighter under the dash to plug the unit into so it's all hidden away. I'm sure they can be got from maplins for a couple of quid
    Yeah maplins for £3.99 wish i new this when i done mine. i cut the USB2 end off mine and tried to splice it into the existing audio wiring.