Thread: Twintop Roof Possible recall!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Twintop Roof Possible recall!!!!!!

Hi Guys

As some of you know i have had an issue with my new twintop roof. (on a 07 plate)

One of my motors stuck which then involved one dealership putting the roof up so i could go to a twintop specailist (pentagon in derby)

They have fixed the roof now,

HOWEVER

The say it has to go back to them to have some recall work done regards the roof. Though i have never found anything online about a recall.

I have found out some of the early twintops have motors which contain a part made out of plastic. These motors have been prone to failure!! hence stuck roofs! These motors have been redesigned to contain this part but made out of metal, hence making them reliable. I think they are looking to replace the other motors on my car, hence the recall.

It could however be something else, The guy at the counter could only tell me the recall was to do with the roof and they would call me when they had the parts in!!

If you have an 06 - 07 Twintop. it might be worth asking your dealer if there is a recall!!!

I will addmore when it goes back and i find out what more they have done!!

BMC

Dont forget west mids meet, april 5th in wolves, all welcome. see thread
    04/02/71 to 09/05/09 - RIP BMC

Brevior saltare com deformibus mulieribus est vita

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i JUST HAD A RECALL ON MY 07 aSTRA TWINTOP I WAS TOLD THE MOTORS IN THE ROOF HAVE A TENDANCY TO BECOME LOOSE AND THE REAR BRAKE LIGHT ON THE BOOT NEEDED REPLACING,THE MECHANIC AT THE DEALERSHIP BROKE A LEVER IN THE ROOF MECHANISM AND BROKE THE LIGHT,THEY FIXED THE ROOF AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE LIGHT,IF IT AINT BROKE DONT TOUCH IT!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if any-one wants to now if there is a recall on there vauxhall then pm me your reg number and al be able to tell you

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy p View Post
    i JUST HAD A RECALL ON MY 07 aSTRA TWINTOP I WAS TOLD THE MOTORS IN THE ROOF HAVE A TENDANCY TO BECOME LOOSE AND THE REAR BRAKE LIGHT ON THE BOOT NEEDED REPLACING,THE MECHANIC AT THE DEALERSHIP BROKE A LEVER IN THE ROOF MECHANISM AND BROKE THE LIGHT,THEY FIXED THE ROOF AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE LIGHT,IF IT AINT BROKE DONT TOUCH IT!
    The light would have eventually cracked & popped out anyway as it was a crap design, recall fixes it properly.

Welcome to the forum anyway

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just purchased my 57 plate twintop.

looking at its history of a tyre change and a engineer consultation, i asked them to find out what it was for and was an issue with the roof motor rattling?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just joined this group having trawled the net looking for information on how to close (or open) my roof which is stuck half way. Why does this kind of thing only happen on a Sunday? Not quite sure what to do with it now.....HELP!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sick of the roof!

We bought our TT in Jan this year its in an 07 plate and things where great until one Sunday afternoon when the roof went back up but would not log into place. The boot lid would not fasten down and the motor was just running to try and finish locking the roof down. Being a Sunday nothing the garage could do other than to ask me to drive the 15 miles to them with the boot not fastened down.

It tool 5 days for them to identify that it had a wiring fault and eventually repaired it until two weeks ago...

When opening the roof it came half way down then give the beep noises as if does when the boot net is not pulled into to place. This was great a Sat night 12 hours before a hol! After trying for over 1/2 hour opening and closing the net and then trying the roof it finally worked.

Has anyone else had this beeping noise and sticking roof issue???

I am loosing faith as you worry about opening the roof incase it has an issue!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Kirby View Post
    I have just joined this group having trawled the net looking for information on how to close (or open) my roof which is stuck half way. Why does this kind of thing only happen on a Sunday? Not quite sure what to do with it now.....HELP!!!!!!
    Hi Jane

Just thought I would let you know we have had the same problem, its happened twice now and our dealership could not find the fauly so yesterday they have changed the ACU that controls the roof to see if that gets rid off the issue. If it doesnt told them they can keep the car and offer me a refund after seeking advise from a solicitor and citizens advice.