Thread: Problems after remap

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Problems after remap

May i first say that this site is used to express views of car owners and what i am about to say in no way represents any views of this site.

Please read and offer your opinion?! Could possibly kill my car!?

Right, after talking to some friends i went down with them to Einsford for what is to be a REGAL satellite site. So they will do all the same work as regal in southampton. When i first heard about it i thought "sweet". I live in kent and for me it is either a long drive up north to courtenay or long drive to southampton for Regal! So when i heard there was a tuner moving 10mins up the road i was excited as it meant that if anything was to go wrong i could limp there to have it sorted.

ANYWAY. The day started off well and met all the main people up there. I have to say that Tony, Keith and Matt (and the young bloke i never caught your name) were some of the easiest and straight talking people to get on with and told me what i needed to do to get it running right.

They were running specials on remaps for that day and i thought that i might aswel give it a go. It was 350 instead of the usual price of about 600 and was having stage 3 put on.

Apart from the wait, which i didnt mind they plugged the laptop in and 2mins later said "right, done, give that a go". They didnt touch the actautor, and loaded one file in 30secs and expecting that to be enough. Took it up the road and was so disappointed. Was only pushin 12psi on the gauge all the time. Went back and said i wasnt happy and they didnt set it up or tell me what it was rollin as they didnt have any rollers. The actuator i got from courtenay as with all my bits and has NEVER been set up and was obviously not right, but they didnt have the equipment to pressure test the uprated actuator on the VXR turbo to get it boositing correctly.

Never have i been spoken to as rudly as Chris' (the bloke that owns regal (as far as i know)) Wife. Everyone could see that i was getting irate with the way she was speaking to me but managed to keep my cool and no one else stepped in. She kicked up stink that it was my car and not their map that was not running right. Had an argument infront of everyone saying that i wasnt happy so wasnt paying and to take the map off. It took 30secs for chris to take the map off and put another map on.

They didnt have the standard map and had to put a half map on and it has not run right since. Looked like the clutch went on the way home yesterday!! The car in now boosting at 16/18psi on the "standard map" and on getting back to jason's house (who had his leon mapped on sunday too) said he heard chris say to his wife "that'll teach him, ive restricted the power and put up the torque".

Another disappointed customer!! What do i do now!? Its obvioulsy not boostin properly and the clutch now looks like its gone!?!?!?!

Should have just stuck with courtenay!!

Like i said before, Tony, Keith and Matt were a great bunch of lads and have said chris and his wife wont be there in future...you have been warned!! At the moment they have no rollers and cannot set anything up properly!!

Was i wrong not paying for it if i wasnt happy? It didnt take 5mins in total to add and take off a file. Obviously not the right map...where do i go next?!
    Was a 1.8 now a Z20LET! Driveway built astra. OMEX 600. GT2871R. 421bhp 390ftlb

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartdls View Post

Was i wrong not paying for it if i wasnt happy? It didnt take 5mins in total to add and take off a file. Obviously not the right map...where do i go next?!
    You are well within your rights to not pay for something if they didn't give you what you paid for.

Surly they would have a standard map on the laptop. I thought that they flashed the ecu with the base map first then remapped it to the phase you want?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why has the title been changed?

Coo been playing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee gsi View Post
    Why has the title been changed?

Coo been playing
    so thats why i read the same thread twice, thought i was going mad

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's been changed because it's not important for ALL car owners to read it, BUT it is about problem after a remap.

simple really when you think about it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The problem is about service etc not just about the remap

I am sure ALL car owners would like to know first hand experience from a customer about a tuner so they can make their own mind up and if to take there own car/buy from them in the future.

I dont see LMF titles being changed when there are positive post's

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Regardless of title change - slightly irrelevant here Lee

How long has it been since you had the map done and the clutch has gone? Was Chris and Karen there at the time of the remap (sorry that bits not clear from your first post) or did you take it to regals afterwords?

regardless of if the car is wrong or not, or if the map is wrong or not. Your pride and joy is not working correctly and you have every right to be annoyed. You just need to think about what to do next. hopefully we can help give you an unbiased view point and a step in the right direction
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well worded mat

I still think the Title shouldnt have been changed as its not just about the remap but the service to.
    Regal used to have a very bad name but have turned it around and and from what I have read/experiensed myself are as good as any other Vauxhall tuner.

BUT
    I agree with what you said. Its very easy to be pissed off and rant...........then think about it and realise you may not have ment what you said or what come across.

I am sure Regal will sort it out (Eh Paul )

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no! not at all.
    disgusted with chris' wife and the way she spoke to me.
    The reason i put to all owners was bacause while i was up there they did an XC90, merc ml thing, astra coupe turbo stage 1, seat leon, mg etc.

The clutch went on the way home from the tuners.

They said that they didnt have a standard map, but a "slightly better" 0.5 map. and no hardware was touched, so y is it now boosting well above 10 on my boost gauge?! never been above 10 before and now at 18!!!

The woman was a proper rude bi**h! and i dont care who knows it. Im warning people that they are not peoperly equipped and have let me leave with problems!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    Was a 1.8 now a Z20LET! Driveway built astra. OMEX 600. GT2871R. 421bhp 390ftlb

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Lee I am unaware what the title was - just come in from walking the dog

People have got the right to be pissed off and rant, I am not at all disputing that, I was just offering to help stuart resolve his problem
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast