Thread: VXR teaser pics

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VXR teaser pics

Got afew pics of the car - will get some proper ones next weekend so i can send them in to spade at Total Vauxhall. Afew of the interior with the piano black trim installed. New retrim finished too.

I asked the company Rei-Trim (same guys who did Byrons silver Mk4) to work from some pictures i found of the Aston Martin DBS Interior. OK so its no Aston but i like how its come out

They did the armrest to match the seats with the light grey centre The button in front of the poppy coral is for the nitrous system. Its under a lift up carbon flip cover

I made a boo boo and orderd the cetre console with the starter button cutout. Ho hum, so i thought i would mod my gauge and mount it in the hole

The rears done, unlike most other companies they did the whole bottom so it matches the front with consistent colour. The also only did the front of the headrests so if you look from the rear it matches too - it was this attention to detail which made me choose them

The stitching follows the front exactly, so they are symmetrical designs front and rear

The front end is now finished too. After modding the lights, new grille and some work on the bumper its all put back together A little taster of if the effort was worth it I know the panel gap is shocking, bonnet is open

Final one for today, engine bay minus the oil and washer cap as they are being painted.

I've painted the plug cover and the cam cover a dark mettalic grey. Wanted rid of the VXR badge and never liked the finish on the cam cover lol

All comments welcome, good, bad or indifferent. I promise i wont delete them

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks good Steve. Liking the piano black with the carbon inserts.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Interior - looks the absolute dogs bollocks, VXR gearknob looks a little out of place, but the trimming of the front seats alone are getting me aroused.

Whats the silver thing at the bottom right of the mesh?

Headlight eyebrows - Steve, dude its not 1998 anymore, now go speak to yourself quietly in a corner somewhere.

Liking the colour of the cam cover & spark plug cover, contrast nicely with the Arden blue

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Am I right in thinking that silver thing is your number plate because youv filled in the number plate recess on the bumper?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    love the interior mate can't wait to see better pics of the outside
    I would wright something funny and clever but does anyone read these anyway

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed about the VXR gearknob. Lose it for the standard one, looks far better.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks like it is his plate DD
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZS View Post
    Agreed about the VXR gearknob. Lose it for the standard one, looks far better.
    It is a standard one Andy, it's a VXR
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    looks like it is his plate DD
    yeha you can just make out the TOL at the bottom.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Plate is mounted on the grille now, on quick release catches so it comes off in afew seconds. Usual recess has gone yes Along with the washer covers.

Eyebrows, i didn't want them, but without them you can just about make out the line where i cut the lenses from the light units, so these are needed to cover up the work. They are imo the best of a bad bunch available for the mk5, and make the massive lights look alittle smaller.

Gearknob is the standard one, and there is no options for replacement as its part of the shift mechanism. I MIGHT go back to get it trimmed along with the steering wheel to tie in, but unsuire at mo

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast