Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phase 3.5 is getting nearer! New parts!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Phase 3.5 is getting nearer! New parts!

Well my little chums, i've got some new toys My rampant rabbit and pocket pleaser came in the post today, bloody well excited!
    Also got these sacks of shit, dunno what there for really

Went to essex to pick this up, brand spankers VXR blower for a lovely £350!

Courtenay Sport sent me a lovely fast road clutch and light weight flywheel, after i sent them £430

Got a set of VXR blue injectors off a member on here for £40

A VXR AFM with joiner hose and cross over pipe, which by the time i've sold meant i paid £50 for the afm, RRP is £170 i think, yet again, brucys price is right

Lastly i got this 3 months ago, might get it fitted this year, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer & Boost gauge. Does everything in one little unit so saves me hacking the interior to death to fit a gauge

Hopefully i'll be gracing Kent Performances company very soon to fit my turbo and clutch/flywheel and then poodle 90 miles to Southampton, hand Regal £250 and come out with alot more bhp and torque, such a shame
    Powered by EDS
    276BHP & 328 LB/FT

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like a good plan to me! sure you'l have a big smile on your face after that lot.
    new vxr turbo for £350! how mate?
    Astravan sportive

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Was on ebay, i made him and offer and i said i'll collect it because i lived local, he accepted my offer and the rest is history! Cant wait to take my current turbo off and count how many cracks are in the manifold
    Powered by EDS
    276BHP & 328 LB/FT

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    haha, good stuff mate. lucky you!
    Astravan sportive

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kent Performances

I would never get another item fitted there again, i thought they knew there stuff, which they probably do, but Took them a day & a half to fit my VXR turbo, F***ed my bumper bolts so used wood screw, & rounded the turbo bolts. IIRC they had to weld a lump of metal on to a bolt to remove it.
    Said its the worst bumper to take of, even though Ive done it in 20 minutes & had a scratch across bumper under the light.

After a year of being fitted the VXR turbo was F***ed. Don't know if it was down to luck, or they may have not primed the turbo + they didn't do the oil change i thought they were going to do, when you fit a new turbo. Just got a new VXR turbo fitted now

Anyways, don't mean to put you off, iv heard the S**t hot wiv jap cars but maybe leave the Astra's to Courtenay or Regal.

Hope you have better luck than i had
    2L Coupé - Regal Phase 3 - FMIC - SportsCat - VXR Turbo - Lambo Doors - Powerflow Exhaust & Custom ICE : www.scottsmotor.co.uk

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mines cracked on a 3.5 - seems to me the vxr manifold works at its limit around 250 bhp judging by the amount of people here with the same problem, mines off asap to be done with an uprated manifold

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 888rich View Post
    mines cracked on a 3.5 - seems to me the vxr manifold works at its limit around 250 bhp judging by the amount of people here with the same problem, mines off asap to be done with an uprated manifold
    Plenty of stage III VXR's circa 290bhp with no manifold problems

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice little list you have there. i bet you cant wait to fit them
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Scott, me and a couple of my mates have used Kent Performance before with no problems. They finished off the fitting on my Courtenay front mount and I couldn't fault them.

A VXR turbo failing after a year isn't uncommon, and according to your ebay add it was only the oe dump valve that was goosed and was still holding boost fine? If that's the case you could of sorted it for £20, not £520