Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

The Official Courtenay April Rolling Road Day Thread

Here it is folks, the thread you've been waiting for!

AS/AOC ROLLING ROAD DAY AT

SATURDAY 12th APRIL 2008

RUNNING TIMES: 9am - whenever
    The first car will be on the rollers at 9am, and cars will be run throughout the day with a short break for lunch. Each car will have 3-4 runs to ensure accurate figures. The running order will be confirmed by no later than a week before the day, but if you have any preference for a morning/afternoon run then please state this when you pay your deposit, and also in this thread. If you do not specify am/pm then you will be fitted in at the organisers discretion.

COST: £30.00
    I will need a £10 non-refundable deposit to secure your slot by no later than Friday 28th March. The remaining balance of £20 will be payable direct to Courtenay on the day itself. Please add 60p if paying deposit by paypal, in order to cover their fees For details regarding paying your deposit and confirming your booking, please drop me a PM by the date indicated, and I will provide you either with a paypal address or a postal address to send your payment to me.

ON THE DAY ITSELF
    Parking at Courtenay will be on a first come first served basis, so it will pay to get their early. Obviously they do not have sufficient parking to get us all in their car park if we turn up with 40 cars, however there will be parking at one of the neighbouring units, as well as plenty of parking on the surrounding roads. Being a weekend half the units will be shut anyway so this should not be a problem.

Unfortunately due to space limitations, and the fact it would need someone to man it, we will NOT be having a barbeque, however there will be a snack van selling burgers/hotdogs/bacon rolls (the usual basically) a short distance down the road. If you are nice to your RO between now and then there may be further refreshments available on the day

When you pay your deposit and provide me with your car's registration and prefered running time, I will confirm your booking has been made, and that your deposit payment recorded. All deposits and participants info will then be taken to Courtenay on Monday 31st March. Therfore, when you arrive on the day, you will need to go to the desk and give them your car's registration and your balance of £20 for them to tick you off the list before your car will be run.

NON-RUNNERS
    Although a lot of focus will be on the RR itself, it will not by any means be the only focus of attention on the day. As such I actively encourage anyone who would like to come along and has no intention on running, to get your name down and come say hi and see what all the fuss is about! I have copied the "non-runners" list from the previous thread, so feel free to add yourself if you will be attending!

RUNNERS
    The list of runners (in no particular order) has been transferred from the previous thread, so no changes as such to be found just yet. Please note we have now been able to open up an additional 2 slots, which I have filled from those who were at the top of the reserves list in the previous thread. The actual running order on the day will be finalised a week before the day, so if you have any preference with regards to a morning or afternoon slot then please post in here, and include this info in with your deposit.

Also worthy of note is that if Scottyboy is not actually in attendance on the day, his 888 will only be run if there are no reserves in attendance wishing to run, and it will be the last run of the day. As such, a deposit will not be necessary Scott we'll sort something out

RESERVES

Despite there being a maximum of 20 running spaces available which are now fully booked, there will still be opportunity to have your car run if anyone fails to attend or decides to pull out. As such, please feel free to pop your name down.

TOTAL VAUXHALL COVERAGE

Unfortunately TV wil be unable to send anyone down to the event as they are fully booked, however they have asked that if a report and pictures are supplied, then they will be happy to do a two-page feature about it!

OTHER ACTIVITIES
    As I have said all along, it is my intention to have other activities such as a Detailing demonstration and a Dentmaster Demo on hand, however at this point in time actual arrangements have yet to be finalised. Rest assured this is ongoing however, and further details will be revealed when possible!

and thats about the sum of it!!

Please keep this thread for confirmation of attendance/bookings/payments, and for stating your preference of running time. If you wish to raise queries and/or discuss the day etc, then use the thread here: http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137203

Cheers
    Pete

NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Following on from the previous post, copy/paste/edit these lists when you wish to confirm your payment has been made, or to confirm your preferred running time (am/pm). I will then keep this thread cleaned up by deleting your post and updating this one with the new info.

THE LISTS!!

LIST OF RUNNERS
    01. peteg2004 - DEPOSIT PAID - no preference on running time
    02. steveo - DEPOSIT PAID - no preference on running time
    03. Ryan_Fisher - DEPOSIT PAID - no preference on running time
    04. K3FUS - DEPOSIT PAID DIRECT- no preference on running time
    05. NEVE'O - DEPOSIT PAID - Late AM onwards
    06. Brucey106 - DEPOSIT PAID - no preference on running time
    07. mudsplat2000 - DEPOSIT PAID - Late AM
    08. Moylie - DEPOSIT PAID DIRECT - AM
    09. jon jon - DEPOSIT PAID - no preference on running time
    10. Georgy - DEPOSIT PAID - PM
    11. se6 - DEPOSIT PAID - AM
    12. millsyiddo - DEPOSIT PAID - Late AM
    13. heidi1.616v - DEPOSIT PAID - Late AM
    14. kevseymour - DEPOSIT PAID - as early as possible due to being photographer for the day
    15. kevseymour's mum - DEPOSIT PAID - AM
    16. fourteenhundred - DEPOSIT PAID - no preference on running time
    17. Dan - DEPOSIT PAID - AM
    18. Andy - DEPOSIT PAID - need confirmation of desired running time
    19. Scottyboy (If running, payment will be sorted direct)

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    1st post up to date

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    list updated again

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    ok guys/girls I've updated the first post... however.. I'm a bit disappointed with the fact I'm still missing 8 deposits from the 19 I needed in by Friday. thats not good

I'll be taking in the ones I've got so far next week, but I need payment from the rest as soon as possible. I will text those I have contact numbers for, and PM/MSN the others, but we need these deposits in as soon as possible!!!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    1st post updated again.

Spudrico, NickyJo, and TheDem6n, please can you contact me by Wednesday morning at the latest about whether you want your place or not? I have a few potential reserves lined up now and need to sort out taking money over to Courtenay this week!

Fourteenhundred, and KevSeymour, I'll chat to you about your situations etc in the mean time

cheers

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    updated list again

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    1st post updated, we now have 19 names down after a couple of late withdrawals and a couple of ringers being brought in... (don't worry, they're astra's!)

I have deleted the reserves/spectators lists as well as I have had quite a few people say they may turn up at some point to watch and say hello, so it seems silly to try to list them all when many aren't sure for definate

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    1st post updated again

1 more space left, perhaps two if Scott doesn't want the T8 run..?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    THE RUNNING ORDER!!!

01. kevseymour
    02. peteg2004
    03. Dan
    04. Andy
    05. kevseymour's mum
    06. moylie
    07. heidi1.616v
    08. millsyiddo
    09. se6
    10. mudsplat2000
    11. NEVE'O
    12. jon jon
    13. Ryan_Fisher
    14. steveo
    15. Brucey106
    16. k3fus
    17. Georgy
    18. Scottyboy
    19. anonymous mk4... a floating slot so may be subject to change, or possibly not even run!
    20. non-astra.. so you wouldn't be interested, would you?! keep your eyes open for it!

Unfortunately I cannot give times due to the irregular nature of the event - although a rough estimate is 3 cars per hour. There will be a break around 1230ish for the RR crew to have lunch etc. As you can also see, due to a late withdrawal (and a not-so-late withdrawal/change of heart from the reserve) we have two remaining spaces on the rollers. One of these may be filled with a certain recently-TV-featured mk4, who will be able to slot in whereever necessary to fill a gap... the other slot may be filled with a non-astra, however as you won't be interested in that I'll keep quiet and just encourage you to stick around until the very end of the day

On another note, when you get there please can you make sure you go straight to the desk to sign your disclaimer and pay your balance - without paying and without a signed copy of the disclaimer, you won't be able to run...

See you all there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast