AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help please

Hi
    A couple of weeks back I changed my rocker gasket and O rings on
    my coupe. A couple of days ago I started my car and left it running, after a couple of minutes blue smoke was comin out the exhaust. When I drove it and got over 25 ish it went . Yet if I drive it straight from cold I have no problems and no smoke. Theres a bit of oil in the boost pipe and the car has 69000 on the clock
    Any ideas please???
    Cheers Daz

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi fella
    it sounds like you have oil burning from somewhere and thats why its not burning so much when the engine is cold. did you put new or different oil in the engine when you did that work. you will nearly always find a bit of oil in the boost pipe and this is normal but not excessive amounts. it could be the turbo but it sounds funny that this has happened just after you did the work so u could have just got oil somewhere you should not have and this is just burning off, then in a while it should be ok again. double check that you have not overfilled the oil and also how much smoke are you getting at the minute is it clouds?
    is there any oil in the spark plug wells? check your crossover pipe to see if any oil has got in there and is dropping down to turbo.
    i would not expect it to be the turbo but if it is it could be the seals that have gone but why its happened at the same time may be a coincidence unless you changed the oil. let us know
    all the best
    steve

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrider View Post
    hi fella
    how much smoke are you getting at the minute is it clouds?
    is there any oil in the spark plug wells? check your crossover pipe to see if any oil has got in there and is dropping down to turbo.
    i would not expect it to be the turbo but if it is it could be the seals that have gone but why its happened at the same time may be a coincidence unless you changed the oil. let us know
    all the best
    steve
    It is clouds yes, me mum said I could send smoke signals!! I'll check the crossover pipe and let you know.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The crossover pipe had a tad bit of oil in it so I've wiped that off
    and I have noticed I am using more oil than I normally would.
    Could it be the valve seals or turbo seals?? How would you know which 1 it could be??
    It is due an oil change aswell, whether this helps or not.
    Please help as its really starting to get on me nerves!!
    Thanks again
    Daz

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra 1.9 cdti xpack
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Check your rocker cover breather pipes for kinks first, as if one of these are kinked it causes alot of pressure build up in rocker cover as it has knowhere to go, except through the turbo which would cause your smoke. mine did the same thing and it was this.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just noticed that my breather hose going into the top part of my crossover pipe has a kink in it. I'll buy a new 1 tomorrow and I'll see what happens after I've done that Cheers for the help and I'll let you know what happens Cheers Daz

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just phoned 3 vauxhall dealers to try and sort out my breather hose at the back of the rocker cover and goes to my crossover pipe and none of them had a clue what i was on about!! Has anyone got the part number by any chance?? Cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    Just a quick update and a question really. The rubber hose coming from the turbo to the bottom of the intercooler, should it have oil in it? I've just noticed that at the turbo end there is some sat on the hose
    Is this usual??
    Thanks
    Daz

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenS View Post
    Hi
    Just a quick update and a question really. The rubber hose coming from the turbo to the bottom of the intercooler, should it have oil in it? I've just noticed that at the turbo end there is some sat on the hose
    Is this usual??
    Thanks
    Daz
    Yeah mate just not excessive. I have some in mine to.
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAF_GSI View Post
    Yeah mate just not excessive. I have some in mine to.
    I've got loads though! And it's on the outsde too, like its overflowed or something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast