Thread: Ipod Touch

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ipod Touch

Has anyone got one of these? How do you rate them, any niggles?

I think the look pretty cool and like the wifi side of things as well as the ipod part.

Would the UK and US versions be the same? As obviously the US versions would be alot cheaper and i have a mate on tour out there at the moment

If not any suggestions of where to get one the cheapest from?

Cheers

Paul

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    posting this in car chat

i havent got one but had a play eith one and they seem pretty good, sure there was a thread about them on here not long ago sayign they dont go very loud tho?
    half wish i had a need for one tbh as cant really see when id use it or id be tempted to get one,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    posting this in car chat
    Doh! thought i did it in chit chat, suppose that is what happens when you are trying to post and talk to a customer on the phone at the same time!

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have one and I have to say it is one of the best gadgets I have ever purchased. In regards to the loudness problem, their isn't one. I only have the volume on mine about halfway. Any more than that your either deaf or you have a faulty ipod touch.

WiFi is good, though sometimes it does lag a bit, but this could be due to my setup at home. I have tried to pick up other WiFi hot spots when I am out and about and it it works great, though most people have their wifi secured down

Battery life is pretty good too. I can watch a good couple of episodes of different shows and still have battery left for some music

Downside is that the screen is a fingerprint magnet. I find myself constantly wiping the screen with the supplied cloth.

Oh, their is a 32GB one out now too for silly money

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have an 8gb one, and its all but full. Only got it on the off chance cos it was cheap, and i only really use it for web browsing when I cant be arsed to fire the laptop up.

Battery life isnt great, but it looks good and is full of features. Buy one.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive got a 16gb one. and i love it. everything is great about it. excpet for the fact its an ipod. i wish it could just work like a normal mp3 player. just dragging & dropping files instead of using itunes. i think theres a program to let u do that actually, but i cant be bothered to find it.

over all i think its great though and would seriously recommend getting one. i got mine from the US and it works fine in the UK.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah really loving them, but not sure i can justify the price of them at the moment, unless my mate in the US can come up trumps.

Cheers for all your advice people

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionblur View Post
    ive got a 16gb one. and i love it. everything is great about it. excpet for the fact its an ipod. i wish it could just work like a normal mp3 player. just dragging & dropping files instead of using itunes. i think theres a program to let u do that actually, but i cant be bothered to find it.

over all i think its great though and would seriously recommend getting one. i got mine from the US and it works fine in the UK.
    ^^What he said, except i didn't get mine from america as it was a present.

The web browsing is great, and mine is jailbroken so i can do other stuff like play iphysics or blackjack, install a different wallpaper and icons etc

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have an Iphone which is basically an Itouch with basic phone.

Itouch is great, You'll enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well been looking around and going to get my mate to get a price for the US version, so if it is cheap enough then i will get one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast