Thread: P****d off!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P****d off!

I went to get lunch at my local Sainbury's today, came out and was putting something in the boot of my VXR, when I noticed that the insert in my bumper (surrounding the exhaust) was sticking out a bit to far. In fact it had popped out! So I gave it a careful examination and low and behold looks like someone backed into my car, while I was inside shopping. Now the damage thankfully is quite small and aside from a scuffed black insert, I have a small crack on one of the holes that the insert clips into (not really visible but it is when the insert is lying on the floor!), as well as a small scratch on the main bumper(looks like it will polish out) and what appears to be the paint smudged again on the main bumper (this does not look like it will polish out and I reckon a repaint will be in order!).

Now as my car is a bit dirty, I need to give it a wash to get a better idea of the damage. The insert bit I am not to bothered about as I am getting something made up, but it is annoying especially as no one witnessed the event and Sainsbury's has no camera in that section of the car park. Some people are A******S they could have at least left a note, but I guess that is asking too much

Annoying to say the least, and sorry but no pictures at the moment as It was dark when I got home and i did not have a camera or my mobile phone with me.

I will take some pictures tomorrow and I suppose should be thankful it was not worse. Still I am P******d off!

Sorry my little rant is over.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Grrr, feel for u m8, any chance of cctv footage in store ?
    Mk4 888 No: 55
    Mk4 SRi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_1.8sri View Post
    Grrr, feel for u m8, any chance of cctv footage in store ?
    Nope we had a look, the camera was pointing the opposite way and the only time you see my car is when I drive past the area the camera was pointed at when I arrived.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another grrr, sad i know, but i wont park the T8 in a supermarket car-park un-attended, just incase something like this happens.
    Mk4 888 No: 55
    Mk4 SRi

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry to hear that mate, when ever i go shopping i always park away from everyone else, may be a canny hike from car to store, but at least in theory my car shouldnt be damaged.

hope you get it sorted at not much cost to yourself

Status
    The Invisible Woman
    Drives
    Zafira
    Mentioned in
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    unfortunately, there are too many people out there who just dont want to take responsibility for their actions

Hope your car gets sorted soon, and that it doesnt cost you too much to fix.

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Feel for you mate

It`s a general lack of respect, I saw a woman come out of Tesco`s, put her shopping bags on the bonnet, of what I thought was her car, only to open the boot of a car in front. I asked if she would like someone to do the same to her, and she gave me the middle finger
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by munkie View Post
    sorry to hear that mate, when ever i go shopping i always park away from everyone else
    I do exactly the same thing, but whenever I come back there are cars parked next to mine
    FAMILY SHED: VAUXHALL ASTRA 2.2 SRI
    ROAD MISSLE: HONDA CBR1000RR FIREBLADE
    TRACK MISSLE: none

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was working in a car park the other week and, an old man came in bumped in to 2cars then drove of i got his number gave it to the 2 people that owned the cars and they got him I did try to stop him but their was no way he was going to
    Corsa c turbo

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mmm i know how you feel, last time i drove to Sainbury's some arse muncher rammed a trolly into my bonnet, making a nice trolly shaped hole.

i'll add that to my list of damage from other people....
    Visit our-formats.com for creative design services

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast