Thread: Car trouble help!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car trouble help!!

i brought a 53 plate astra in the week and signed the contract yesterday and picked it up today. upon purchasing i was told that the car would be serviced and Mot'd. however upon collecting i was shown the pass mot and that was all, having a further look a moment ago, i saw that the car has several rather worrying advisory's that i had not been told about. the steering rack has play in it and the brakes are rusted on the back badly. where do i stand with the garage? i should have been told about this shouldnt i? two new discs and pads as well as steering rack is going to cost me a fortune now?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You should have a standard 3 months waranty take it back and tell them your not happy with the brakes and get them changed , play in the steering rack isn't a real problem as if it was bad then it wouldnt have passed , but a lot of garages tend to give the car to the customer with known faults and then get them to bring the car back and do the work under waranty as they don't have to foot the bill and with the waranty company paying for the repairs the garage gets paid into the bargain so they make more on the car

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well in the past when i have been given advisory's on my MOT's the garage have always explained to me why! and giving me a rough price on repair.

so in my eyes, Yes they certainly should of explained to you about the advisory's especially as they are as important as your brakes/steering!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kick up fuss with the warranty and they got to sort it