Thread: really thinking of going ph3.5

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

really thinking of going ph3.5

while out and about today (b4 i got the 99ron) i had an audi a6 (the 4.2 quattro) up my chuff so on a nice stretch of dual carriageway had a lil play and gassed the bus up to.... er the legal limit obviousley!

we slowed ar the end and he gave me the thumbs up... me being me put my thumb on my nose and waggled my fingers at him with a smile of course and watched as he laughed.

my way of thinking... would he done the same if i were running more grunt ie ph3.5?

so i need another map.
    VXR injectors
    bigger AFM (the 80mm one should do it)

do i need anything else?

if i had 99ron in the tank when the loud pedal got pressed, i think there would've been more...er ... fun

really thinking about this now, what with the TMS re-maps being mentioned just recently

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    just do it! lol

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do it im going to TMS soon for some fun
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    hmm, may have to organise another group buy me thinks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    what are TMS doing on maps now then ???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    shhh top secret

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    changing phases makes only a tiny amount of difference on the road. It feels much quicker but in reality when two cars are against each other unless the distance travelled is really big then you wont really see a lot of whoosh for your dosh. also be aware that as the mods go up so do the repair bills. I should know. My P3 bus has had over 3k spent on it in essential repairs and zero mods since October last year. Apart from £350 all was due to increasing the power over the designed original. If you can afford it then spend spend, just remember what you may be letting yourself into in the long run. was even thinking of torching the car as the repairs were getting out of hand. All looks to be well now so fingers crossed no more repairs for a while
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    ^good point, already killed a CV joint and what with the babies on the way something to consider.

always have wanted and still want to get the bus hit the 280hp mark, as it is ATM is very reliable... even economical in its state of tune. i duno how long i have left to live but i'm damn sure i'm gona enjoy what time i have.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had that attitude until a standard piston broke last year, been one thing after the other since then. But I do now have forged pistons and a sports clutch in place Would like to see it on the rollers now its flying again. Took it to Courtneys a few weeks backon a VXR jaunt and it backed off loads at high revs but that is now fixed. It was making 286 with that cracked piston too

decided that my road cars are going to be driven more gently now and put down the pod less. Will build a proper blasting pod car for the big fun and numbers
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I thought that stage 3 would be where I wanted to go (if I ever got round to getting mine mapped) but that would involve fitting a VXR unit which I have little faith in TBH but who knows.
    At the end of the day if you have a high performance engine, you must expect high performance problems occasionally.

A long time ago I had a Renault which I then had turbo charged to approx. 190 BHP (I had it dyno'd at 175 ish BHP) and it ran fine for a few months and then i got greedy and wanted more power.
    The company who did the covversion was also greedy ( for money) and said the can take it to 230ish BHP safely, so I figured on a real world 200 BHP and went for it.

The conversion was only supposed to take a week but took considerably longer and when i got the car back it felt shite but was producing just over 200BHP but fuelling was all over the shop.
    I contacted the guys that did it and they said give it a few moredays to settle down. I did and my engine turned into an external combustion engine, which burnt my car, nearly with me in it.

All in the name of big power and crap workmanship, my engine went bang big time.

May be part of the reason that I have little faith in professional tuners thesedays as the company who did my conversion were a big company with 2 page adverts in the then popular car magazines, and i'm not talking Max power.