Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Twintop questions

Hello to all !
    It's my first post on your forum . First of all i want to apology for my english , that is not so good ( specially grammar ) .
    Second , i'm from Romania , and there are not many twintop owners here .
    That's why i registered on this forum .

Let's start :
    I have an astra twintop 2006 , Z20 LEL , level of equipage - Cosmo . Before this car I've had a lovely Opel Astra Bertone .
    When I see first the twintop , I've sold the bertone quickly , because it was love of first sight
    I buy the twintop second hand , at 8.000 km and 1 year ancientness . After that , I study more about this car and my first question for you is that you ever seen this kind of leather tapestry on twintop . Because in Europe , after i study the brochure from dealers , i never seen a twintop whith this tapestry ( black and red leather - something like Linea Rossa from bertone ) .
    I attach a picture with my car :

Another question is that you have any problem with cabrio system ? In my country , dealers are not well trained to repair the twintop .
    One of the flaps is stuck , when i get the top off and i went with my car in Germany , to solve this problem on warranty . It's not acceptable that you as a dealer , to sell a model without having the logistics to service him !
    Secondly , if this car had this problem in warranty , i wonder if it is a good car ? Because i don't want spend a lot of money to repair the top whent warranty expires !
    In the end , i want to tell you that i'm dissapointed with Z20LEL engine . It's a big difference toward Z20LER engine . The turbine is weird at Z20LEL .
    Other problems solved on warranty is bass speaker ( at tight volume the speaker contort ) .
    Another problem is the rear braking lamp ( on the center of the car trunk ) . The lamp is cracking twice , and the dealer said that is not a warranty problem and it's my fault because I bang the car trunk .

What do you thing about this model ? Do you have any problem with your twintop ? Do you believe that it's a reliable car ? I spend a lot of money to have this car , and i'm a little disapointed with this problems .. I don't know what think about it ..

thank you for your answers and again apolgy for my bad english !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    P.S. : Click this link , because the picture isn't good :

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVyl8ZA

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the fourm, your English is much better than my Romanian so no apologies needed !

The inside, looks very nice, not seen a twintop with that in it over here before. Must be quite rare or a non-uk specification.

The flaps getting stuck i have heard of quite common on the Tigra, which is a smaller version of the Twintop Astra. I have not heard of it alot on the Astra, but i doubt it would be a big problem to fix after the warranty has run out.

Speaker, if its a standard one then they are usually very poor. So it does not surprise me it distorts at high volumes.

Engine wise, you can get the engine software remapped, and it will produce more power. I would recommend replacing the pre-cat pipe just after the turbo too. Both of these together will transform the car

Brake light, never heard of that one, seems very poor design if thats the case !

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    The brake light is a common fault over here but as of yet there are no warranty recalls for the light unit nor are there any fixes for it other than replacing the light with another one. I would certainly find a decent Opel dealership in Romainia who are able to do the warranty repairs on the twintop. Dealerships in England differ in quality of service. My local Vauxhall garage is just over 2km away from my house but I choose to go to a Vauxhall dealership 10km from my house because their level of expertise and knowledge is far greater.

Welcome to the Astra Owners Club, hope you enjoy your new Twintop they are beautiful cars for certain. Just wished that the UK had more sunshine to appriciate the twintop more.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your good wishes !
    @Lord Nikon -
    The audio system is CD70 Navi ; if I take a look in the brochure is an expensive choice . Maybe the speakers should be more qualitative at that money !

@Jam :
    In Romania , i was at three dealer : one is 200 de km far away , one is 120 de km and one 360 de km . Neither of them does not have the logistic to repair twintop ! And the employess are very bad trained ! I don't want to help the dealer to train his employess on my car !
    So the differnce is that in England you have 2 dealers in your district , and in Romania one Opel dealer in 300 de km .

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the club!

Get some pictures of your car up when you get a chance.

The CD70 is just the headunit. The speakers will stay the same regardless of which headunit you have from the dealer. If you want to improve the sound quality then some after market speakers or headunit is your best bet.

Can't believe that there is only 3 dealerships withing 300km's! Thats crazy

Once again welcome to the club

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can you believe that Romania is in Europe and not in Africa with so many dealers ?
    The fact is that GM doesn't want to extend his network . To protect the current dealers !

More pictures :
    http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVzWG5i

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVzX6wS

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1_AlPi

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Although the expensive CD70 is nice, as said the speakers will still be fairly rubbish - no offence obviously.

Enjoy your stay