Thread: Headrest screens

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Headrest screens

Anyone mounted them theirselves ??? Is it an easy enough job to attempt yourself - or is it a pro job ???

Any info muchos appreciated

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is one of those jobs that could be done at home, however the scope for it all going wrong and looking like a dog's dinner is quite high!

Might be worth speaking to the trimmers you've just used (assuming the work was up to spec) and seeing if they can do it.
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    fitting the screen is a piece of cake Steve, the difference between the job looking amateur and looking professional is the trimming. I would say do it yourself, and then get the trimmers to recover the headrests. will look top notch and won't cost as much as you'd think

EDIT have a look at this

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...ID=74661&TPN=1
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Hve a word with legohead/ martin, he did Mikes
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Steve, very easy job to do, if you know what you are doing. And by that I mean making it look professional in my case I always insist on running the with the cable in the headrest post. A job best left to the professionals especially if you have never done it before and your trimmer will have done it countless times before.

Now having said this I hope you are not intending on doing this with the VXR headrests, with them being active headrests and all! Some people just do it, unfortunately I have seen the results of a active headrest, screen and a head. It not pretty let me assure you.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ITs going in the rear ones, dont have ones in the front anymore due to the change of seats

Are the rear active still or not ??

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IIRC the rears aren't active but it should say on the the headrest sleeves if they are

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD View Post
    Steve, very easy job to do, if you know what you are doing. And by that I mean making it look professional in my case I always insist on running the with the cable in the headrest post. A job best left to the professionals especially if you have never done it before and your trimmer will have done it countless times before.

Now having said this I hope you are not intending on doing this with the VXR headrests, with them being active headrests and all! Some people just do it, unfortunately I have seen the results of a active headrest, screen and a head. It not pretty let me assure you.
    active headrests???? whats that all about??? first ive heard of it :S

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The deadrests automatically move to lessen the effects of whiplash - it's not so much an active system, more passive - it relies on the movement of the seat etc. to work.
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    got mine done professionally , took the fitter around 5 hours ... have 2 rear headrest screens built into the leather headrest & 1 passenger side sunvisor screen , replaced sunvisor with the prefitted lcd screen sunvisor