Thread: Snappend bolt heads on astra 2.2 coupe!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Snappend bolt heads on astra 2.2 coupe!

as a newbie, i would have liked my first post to be er...slightly happier! was hoping to get my first pics of my car on to here today, but unfortunately, something happened!

so, took my car out for a wash, changed my oil and then changed my spark plugs!! everything was going fine, until i reached my coil pack bolts! so there i am, all happy and stuff, and then started undoin the bolts! next thing i know, i hear a bang from the bolt, and immediately went uh-oh!! did the other 3 and EXACTLY the same thing happened! and yes...to my fear, all 4 bolt heads sheared off!!

can anyone advice as what to do now?!? theres not alot of bolt showing thru the top so i think molegrips are out! but any suggestions would help!! PLS!!!!!

PS. changin the spark plugs have made the car soooo much smoother! =) but im not all that happy....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can buy things called screw extractors these are for screws that the heads have sheared so may be able to get an extractor for bolts. If not and there is a reasonable width drill the bolt and and try putting a slot in the bolts with a small engineers chisel and then try extracting. Good Luck.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok, thanks for ur help! im have a look around! from what i remember, there wasnt much showing...im gonna have to get someone to have a look at it for me! but for now, would it be safe to drive the car? cos the coil pack is in, with the spark plugs and i have the engine cover...so yea, would it be safe to drive around in?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well the coil pack hold itself in by compression joints, so youll be safe driving but dont over do it