Thread: Just a few questions

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a few questions

Im getting a sub for my mk 4 astra 5 door, I just wondered what does a 12" sound like? and does it do the job or would a double 12 be a better option?

Also im gettin a 100 watt amp and 100 watt 6x9's what gauge wiring kit would be best for that? and also a 500 watt amp and a 1000 watt sub what gauge wiring kit for that?

Cheers Trigga
    [--l--] T R 1 G G 4 [--l--]

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in all honesty if ur getting a sub or even subs then theres virtually no point in gettin 6x9s as well.

I personally only use 6x9s cos i aint got the space for subs

Youd be far better off getting some quality subs and some top notch components up front. Majority of sound coming from the fronts with the bass from the subs. 6x9s would just be wasted if u had subs IMO

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wrong forum btw - but im sure one of the mods will move into the mk4 section

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    in all honesty if ur getting a sub or even subs then theres virtually no point in gettin 6x9s as well.

I personally only use 6x9s cos i aint got the space for subs

Youd be far better off getting some quality subs and some top notch components up front. Majority of sound coming from the fronts with the bass from the subs. 6x9s would just be wasted if u had subs IMO
    Nice one cheers, the money i save on the amp and 6x9's i'll spend on some better components for the front and back.

Do you no what gauge wiring kit i would need for the sub?

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There is quite a few guides around, but IIRC 500w RMS (not max) will need a 4AWG cable.

TBH there isn't much point buying comps for the rear, you'd be better off getting decent comps for the front and an amp to power them.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    As said above, the best audio setup that compliments the G is amplified front components and a decent sub. The front components don't need to be mega power either. I have bought and am about to fit JL XR components which are only 75 wrms each. However they will sound awesome

Alsoas stated above 4awg is good for 500wrms. On my system i am running the above (sub and comps) and i have used 4awg to a distribution block which then splits it to 2 seperate 8 awg cables (1 to sub amp and 1 to comp amp). For tidiness im doing the same with earth.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have coaxials in the rear doors, its cheaper and you you get rear fill if you happen to have people in the back

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    i got rid of my 6x9's when i found out my subs were too big and stopped the parcel shelf from fitting, i cant tell the difference at all.

ive also got some infinity comps on the front, still need to do the rears.
    "I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank all for your input. i wont bother with getting any 6x9's i'll get some decent comps for the front and coaxials for the rear, i just want my sound to be crisp all round the car.