Thread: Preformance mods

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Preformance mods

I don't know where to start, i been focused on getting my car to look nice but not enough on whats under the bonnet.

I don't know hardly anything about cars, but obviously would like to start learning.

Just woundered if anyone could give me some good mods to start with?, good mods to start thinking about raising money for?.

If you could tell me the mod and what it improves, it would be a great help.

I currently have a "astra mk4, 1.6i 16v"

Thanks a lot
    '51 MK4 Astra 1.6i 16v

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im not greatly mechanicly minded but best way to start is with breathin mods i.e de restrict airboxaftermarket panel filter/ induction kit/ better intake de cat exhaust and on and on

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As above derestricting the airbox is a cheap and easy mod. The Vectra C intake is a good little mod to go with doing ht eairbox. I gained 2bhp with these mod's alone on my 1.8

To be honest, finding power out of the small NA engines is an expensive task with small gains costing big money. Cam's, the Dbilas inlet manfold, Lexmaul four branch exhaust manifold, sports cat and decent cat back system are the way to increasing the power. Possibly headwork too. You will then need to have it remapped afterwards, possibly with larger injectors as well.

I would avoid the decat route too, its illegal with VOSA having the power to give on the spot fines, plus there's the hassle of refitting the cat every MOT time.

If you have the time, money and/or the expertise to work on your own car it can be done.
    16.22 @ 87.5mph in a CDTI Vectra