Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Question Weird Problem

Quick overview:

Got a amp and sub month or so back and fitted it to my Kenwood HU no problem, then last week got hold of a DVD HU (Ripspeed 730 jobby) wired it in with the bits etc all working fine, at the weekend got annoyed at the sound not been 100% so unplugged the 6x9's which were just wired to the original rear speakers and the original speakers were removed months ago. this left me with the standard fronts and tweeters and just a sub and amp in the back worked fine for a day or so,

NOW when i turn the stereo up not loud just to a nice volume the fronts crackle like hell as if there blown, if i adjust the HU so that the fader is just for the front it sounds fine up to a high volume then distorts as the speakers cant handle the output but goes higher than it did, and if i turn it to just rear obviously it all plays out the sub and sounds stupid lol but again goes fairly loud its only a problem when the fader is set to 50/50 or 60/40 front. The rear speakers original cable has just been taped for now but as its half 10 and dark i aint looking is it possible that if any of the contacts are hitting the metal in the door this could be the problem?

it only becomes an issue when trying to feed front AND rear speakers, is it worth pulling the rear speaker connections off the original VX loom from the headunit and wiring the rear 6x9s direct from the Rear speaker out on the HU? i am planning on some components for the front when funds allow but in the meantime it did sound nice as it was before this minor hiccup lol.

Cheers guys.
    Astra G SXI, Tints, Remus centre, twin backbox, Autoclosure, Rainbow dash LED's, debadged. POWER!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if it went bad when you changed the hu then maybe its the quality of the hu.....
    2000 1.8 sxi 3 dr Hatch. Irmy Front airdam + fogs, Side sills, White Side Repeaters, Rear Lower Skirt and Rear spoiler.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    wasnt instant with the headunit about a week in now and i know of other people with them running superbly just seems as though its a problem with the speakers but dont know what
    Astra G SXI, Tints, Remus centre, twin backbox, Autoclosure, Rainbow dash LED's, debadged. POWER!!!