Am currently planning to road trip over to nurburgring in June and was wondering a few things...
wondered if any nurburgring veterans could offer some tips/advice.
First things first... i wont be going round the track... thats not the reason for going... the reason for going is Rock AM Ring.
I think thats about it, but any other tips and if it looks like i have forgotten something crucial, let me know
- How long does it take to get there? from google maps its about 500+ miles each way from my home town. (Ferry crossing claims to be 1:30), is it a 2 day trip or just the one?
- whats petrol like on the continent? Ive looked around but all the petrol comparisons are from last year that i can find... it seems france is a little cheaper than UK, but germany is about the same if not more expensive, any advice here?
- IF its 2 days, are there campsites along the way, any you would recommend? We'll have tents with us, since we're going to a 2 day festival anyways.
- Anything else, costs or whatever that i need to take into account
- any tips regarding fuel? is it better to cross the border to france with a tank of fuel? half tank? quarter? whats more beneficial?
- what about the nurburgring? are there petrol places round there? i dont want to get stranded at the ring now do i :P