Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maskell's 3 Door G!

It's about time I done one of these!

I had my first Astra when I was 17, bought a 2001 5dr 1.6 8v Club. No modifications on that at all, but then after nearly a year of proud ownership an elderly man decided he would like to put a dent in it!

Pic:

After the insurance company payed out I went out and looked for another astra, and I was hoping for the 1.6 8v again as I found this to be the best option for me! Then, on Autotrader one day I found this:

So, I went back to my roots in Ruislip to pick up my new car!

Got it home, and the first thing I done was replace the grill!

Then tint the windows:

I hated the wheels that came on it, so off they came, but I didn't want to buy 4 Stud 18's as I wanted to convert to 5 stud, so on went the Corsa SXi wheels.

I also painted the mirror covers, as they weren't colour coded

Then came some angel eyes!

Not FK's, but they will do until I come across some FK's locally!

Around the same time I also (finally) registered my private plate, as it was due to be on the old car the day after it was written off!

Then, one day when I left the car unlocked outside some sort of drug den, I found this fellow smoking his cigarette in my car

And some of his friends decided to make me a nice sunstrip!

Thats enough for one post...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After owning the car for a few months I was on my way back from my partners house in Bristol, and a Deer decided to jump out on me! Luckily I was only doing 55mph before braking, so minimal damage and the deer walked away too!

Only a slight dent in the cross member, nothing a hammer couldn't sort out!

And the bumper was rather mangled, but not too bad!

We managed to twist it back into shape and get it back on! Heres a pic of it after:

That was enough for me to realise I needed a new bumper, and thought why not upgrade! So I started looking into getting a GSi front bumper, until I saw an SRi-T, after that I decided that the SRi-Turbo kit was for me!

Off I popped to Vauxhall, as I wasn't aware of LMF at the time, and got a quote of 2 arms and a finger.

Luckily (or not) for me, my other half decided that if we were together then the cars should be, and thought she should let them get a bit closer! So a little car park incident ended up in her completely wrecking my bumper! That meant she was paying for a new one !

I decided to pay a little extra to get the bumper I wanted, and I thought I should get the bonnet, both wings, offside rear quarter and door resprayed at the same time! So, a week later, and 1500 quid lighter, I had my nice and fresh Turbo front end! After I saw it with the new bumper I thought I should invest in an Irmscher grill, but then decided to buy an 'I' badge from LMF and stick that on instead!

Pics:

After a lot of thinking I decided I needed fog lights to fill in the hideously large holes in my bumper! I thought I would save time and fit them with the bumper on, well, I was mistaken! After a lot of swearing and cursing in sub zero temperatures I got the buggers on!

So, the front end was now sorted! No more work to be done there (body wise).

So, next it was time for the interior work to begin!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So, the interior was going to be the next victim!

I started looking at ways to get a screen in the dash, without it looking tacky! So off I went to the scrapyard and picked this up for a fiver!

It wasn't hacked up when I got it, but I just couldn't control myself and started off with the Dremel!

So, after slapping on some filler I ended up with this:

Then, it got some more sanding and prepping followed by some paint and then this appeared!

At the same time as working on the centre console, I decided to mount a PC into the glovebox!

But, after hours of work I found it very useless to me, and ended up taking it out! And decided to put an Xbox in instead!

But again, that was pretty useless to me! So that came out!

Then I decided that the console would look better in gloss black, so a few hours I had this:

But again, I didn't like this, so I decided to put it in a box and leave it in the cupboard! After that day I decided to stick with standard parts only! So, now I have this

This is how the interior is staying until I finish the exterior, then before she is back on the road I shall mount the Maplins screen into it, and find a nice sat nav and dvd unit to put in too!

The list of future interior mods only consists of coupe leather and door cards, GSi wheel and pedals, Chrome Speedo Rings, new gaiters (black) and the centre console cd holder!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now it was the exteriors turn again! So, off I pop down to the mixers and get some 2Pak and base coat!

Then, the car was ripped apart

Thats polish in the pic by the way

Just doing one side at a time for now, so the bumpstrips are off for spraying, and the skirts are off to be replaced by some coupe/Gsi skirts! A pic of the test fit before they get sprayed:

A quick pic of the progress of the skirts, all primed and ready for base coat later this week when I have time!

More later in the week...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, today was service day!

It has been off the road for a few months as I have had no need for it, and now I have insured it again! So, it had the usual service work done by myself!

Nothing else updated really, except I have had to replace one of my coupe skirts for the standard one, as it was damaged by something hitting it in the wind!

So heres some pictures of it looking rather sorry for itself with some black skirts

I am hoping to get the side skirt repaired next week, then finally get the last components I need for a 5 stud conversion and get some turbo alloys one, at last!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After a while I decided to fit my coupe skirts to match the front bumper, the finish on the skirts isn't excellent, but I will get them resprayed sometime in the next few weeks, along with my OPC bumpstrips and handles (again).

Pics:

A few days after (today) my new headlights arrived, so off came the angel eyes, and on go my brand spanking new smoked headlights, they look so much better, and the light from them is amazing compared to old angels! I feel sorry for my mate who now has to put up with them!

I guess the photo's can do the talking!

Thats all the photo's for today, I know it's not that many for me

More pics to come, and some before, during and after shots of the refurb on some 17's I have picked up!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WOW! It has been months since I updated this!

Well, since the last post I have:

Added tinted rear lights:

Added my new 17" BK240's wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-S

Lowered 50/30 with Eibach Sportline Kit:

The front end would not lower any more than that due to the front shocks being seized, so I have since ordered Bilstein B4's and am awaiting delivery

I have taken delivery of a nice SRi-T rear splitter too, which is was prepped last weekend and will be getting sprayed along with my rear bumper this Saturday, I am sure some pics will pop up!

Also going on this weekend will be my new 6000k HID kit which I collected tonight (Thanks jcastradti)

More pics and updates on Monday

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Soooooooo, this week I have fitted my 6000k HID's, which was quite simple to do! I would recommend them to anyone as they make a huge difference when driving at night!

This is the said kit:

So off came the bumper, and on the HID's went! I didn't even have to take out the headlights!

I will get pictures of them on sometime soon!

Also this week I fitted my new rear splitter! I had a small crack in my rear bumper and a small mark on the other side, so I thought I should spray the bumper aswell!

Off that came, at work, so my mate could repair it:

Great pose!

After the repair I matched and mixed the paint, I hate to blow my own trumpet, but it was an awesome match! Better then the match on my bumpstrips done by some unqualified backstreet garage

After 3 coats of colour:

And now fitted

I took these before I drilled the holes in the arches for the extra support!

More photo's coming later, from a camera and not my phone

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Updated photo's of the rear splitter!

Next to come this month are some tinted sharkeyes and some more painting next weekend! So the exhaust and arial will have to wait, for now!

As for the retrim, I am looking for 2 more seats as I don't want to take my front ones out until the trim is finished! PM me if you have two front seats!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok! So, this past weekend I painted the offside door, rear quarter, wing and boot! Now the car is IMMACULATE

Pics of the process and some minor details:

Here is a picture of the main mark on my boot, it was filled with some paint when the other half of the car was done!

So out that came

There were some marks on the drivers door that had to come out too, so I sanded those back

Then I masked the areas that needed priming and got that done

Then I flatted the primer down and prepped the panels for painting

Got it in the booth and masked it up

Back at home and now it's all painted!

Next up was a good old wash, so out came the wash mitt and tea

I also clayed the panels that hadn't been done, just to make sure there was no overspray on the car!

Thats the respray and bodywork complete now! Every panel has been resprayed and there are no scratches etc left on the car!

Also this week I have fitted a 5" screen into my SatNav console! It looks great and the reception on the TV is awesome!

And heres a better picture of the HID's

And here are a few random picture for good measure

Oh, and I also fitted a Vectra C Air Intake (Thanks AndyM)

Much better

As usual more to come...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast