Thread: Rear doorcard removel in cabriolet

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rear doorcard removel in cabriolet

Hi guys just brought some new speakers for back of my car and was just wondering weather asyone new how to remove the rear door cards

Its a cabriolet so dunno weather i'll have to remove the seats or anything else???

cheers

alex
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I'd say the seats have to come out, base and back probably. These panels end up going down low behind the seats
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You have any idea how i'd do this. cos i haven' got a clue lol
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 3 door hatch and under the how-to in the astra handbook i had to follow the cabrolette guide of removing all the rear seats.. if you don't have the astra book theirs a how-to on this website. Its easy but takes a while.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also how easy is it to remove the fronts aswell?? i know there's a guide, but i just would like to no how easy it is to do cos i've got a bit of a history with doorcards so a bit nervous bout removing them in my astra.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Front door cards are easy to remove, just loads of screws and clips and the the door card can be off within 5 minutes
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To remove the rear seats in a cab theres two torx bolts at the bottom where the backs of your knees go, you take these out then you can lift the bottom part of the seat out.

Then theres a couple of bolts at the bottom of the back part of the seat then you have to raise the back up where the roof goes and theres two bolts either side which you need a long reach 10mm socket to get to then the back lifts out to.....I think thats it then you can just lift them out.
    2005 Cabrio Turbo - Gone!
    2007 Civic Type R (Soon to be S/C)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ta very much Dave I'll crack on and get it done for the weekend

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can always try and take some pics tomorrow to show it easier....its pretty easy really to take out, the only ones I struggled with were the ones under the hatch part, took me ages to find them. lol
    2005 Cabrio Turbo - Gone!
    2007 Civic Type R (Soon to be S/C)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dave is right in his logic, but is a little bit more to do, took me ages to work it out too.

Take out the rear bench as described then you can get to the rear back rest. There are 2 torx bolts under where you have taken the rear bench from and then there is another 2 as Dave described under the hatch to the roof. To take these out you will need the roof down but the hatch that hides it still up. This part can then be lifted out.

There is then 2 small torx bolts holding each door card to the back of the shell, take these out then you also will need the rear windows down and need to left the rubber seals up and you will then find either 1 or 2 phillips head screws under here on each side which will need to be taken out.

Also make sure you loosen the rubber seals that sit inside the doors and run up the inner door frame so that you can pull everything out without damaging or bending anything, once you start to pull, pull up and out and you should pull the white plastic popper clips free.

Thats it