Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

1st mods on the Pineapple Mk3! *few pics inside*

well having had it since 14th Jan, and not being able to do anything with it for the first fortnight due to illness, I was itching to get out and do things on the car. Well, I've now been up and about for a week or so, and I've done... umm... not much really! I've not even washed it yet!

I have done a couple of little bits, and have been sourcing a few parts, so I thought I'd pop a little update on things and will do another tomorrow night when hopefully things have moved on again

so... 1st mods for the mk3!

took a hammer to the airbox to derestrict it...

standard side repeaters were crappy orange things

so...

fitted the clear ones off my mk4 estate - note that they are the "wrong way round" - but I reckon they look better that way

also got tinkering with the ICE, working on the rear speaker setup in particular. the mk3 only comes with crappy 13cm coaxials in the rear shelf supports, so something had to be done about that. raiding my garage, I had a set of brand new Excursion 6x4s that I imported along with a load of stuff back in the days of my 206, and they'll be loads better...

however I obviously needed to make a template to get them to fit! There will be a write up on my ICE in due course (ie when I finish it!) but in the mean time here's a couple of pics

I also managed to pick up a set of Vectra door handles off ebay for the grand sum of £2.51 delivered (won them for £0.01 and paid £2.50 postage! ) so I've started to spray them - they're only in Filler Primer ATM, but they'll be going Pineapple Yellow when I'm done. It will also mean I will have delocked the passenger door, and when I pick up another handle I will do the driver's door so thats delocked too - and be safe in the knowledge that if my remote central locking fails, I can hack my way through the handle and get my key in the original barrel still underneath

whilst the paint was out I started someting else too, here's a not-so-subtle clue...

so thats about it for the minute, I've picked up a FREE (just how I like it!) set of front/rear GSi seats courtesy of "The Wave Rider" on here (cheers mate ) so they may well be going in at some point soon, although I am unsure... The GSi drivers bolster is ripped, and I would need new doorcards to match, and I can't find plain 5dr cards for the life of me.. So do I shell out for a new seat and some cards? or do I keep the Sport interior and perhaps replace the front seats or the foam where they've gone saggy on the leg supports? Both interiors (minus the front seat/seats as mentioned) are in near-mint condition, so whichever way I go I will have a set to sell on... which is worth more?

anyway, all comments/thoughts welcome

should be another report tomorrow night or monday depending on progress
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It didn't take you long to get started on the Mk3 did it Pete? Looking good.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's a lovley day today Pete so get out there and wash it!!!!
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Painting the air freshner?

Good to see you getting started!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Indeed it would seem pete his painting his ambi pur too.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring