Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sun visor

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have just got an '99 astra sport and was wondering if vectra b sunvisors with the vanity mirror lights will fit nicely??

thanks in advance!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen2007 View Post
    Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have just got an '99 astra sport and was wondering if vectra b sunvisors with the vanity mirror lights will fit nicely??

thanks in advance!
    Nope, but some coupes came with vanity mirrors my old 2.2 coupe had one, they are out their but as hard to find as Rocking Horse Poo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Enigma, you have just saved me the disapointed and money!!!

Have a good one

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well, i hoped you had saved me time and money as i had bid on a set on ebay and was sure that i wouldhave got outbid but alas no one else went for them. so £6.99 later there are here...but the best thing is managed to get them fitted and all looks good!!!

basically the mounts that hold them to the roof were different on the vectra sunvisors, they were screw in and the one in my astra has clips, so i cut off the back of bar that goes into the clip on my astra, after removing it from the sunvisor by pulling it out. this was so i didnt snap the mount. then i cut off the vetra mount and kept the hollow bar that goes into the sunvisor. that clipped into the astra mount and re threaded the wire...then after wiring them they are looking sweet!!

I hope that this helps anyone who is lookin to do the same!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen2007 View Post
    well, i hoped you had saved me time and money as i had bid on a set on ebay and was sure that i wouldhave got outbid but alas no one else went for them. so £6.99 later there are here...but the best thing is managed to get them fitted and all looks good!!!

basically the mounts that hold them to the roof were different on the vectra sunvisors, they were screw in and the one in my astra has clips, so i cut off the back of bar that goes into the clip on my astra, after removing it from the sunvisor by pulling it out. this was so i didnt snap the mount. then i cut off the vetra mount and kept the hollow bar that goes into the sunvisor. that clipped into the astra mount and re threaded the wire...then after wiring them they are looking sweet!!

I hope that this helps anyone who is lookin to do the same!
    lookin to do the same on my van dont suppose you have any pics of what you did to fit them, ok on the wiring side of things just not to sure how to attach them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    i did it yesterday mate, its a royal pain in the scrote but i got there in the end.
    • all you have to do it cut off the plastic block connectors on the veccy visor wires.
    • cut the holder bit which clips into the roof so it comes off the rod (crap explaination) try not to damage the top of the rod.
    • cut the rod on the astra visor being careful not to damage the holder so the holder slides off (basically you want the astra rod holder on the vectra rod)
    • slot the astra visors holder onto the vectra rod (bare mission), you may have to cut a bit of the rod so it goes in (dont take off too much). the rod has a bit which when pushed into the holder it locks in.
    • to get wires to the interior light take off the other holder (the one close to the interior light)
    • gently pull the roof lining and look through it from the front.
    • there will be a oval hole in the metal, slot a bit of wire through the hole and put your finger inside the main holder hole and fish for the wire.
    • once you have the wire connect it to the visor.
    • slot the second holder back in
    • push the visor into place and position
    • put the metal clip back into the holder (ABSOLUTE MISSION)
    • put the cover cap back on
    • wire it to the interior light or perm source
    i will post a how to maybe tomorrow. the explaination is aweful but is roughly right. doing it this way means the interior light has to be on for the visors light to work, to have it so it works all the time just connect the + and - wires to a permanent and ground source. the astra interior light is strange, it comes on with the switch and when the doors open and goes off when ignition is turned on.
    "I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the guide, will help greatly,
    wiring wise i can help you with the permanent feed issue, the positve connection to the light is permanent and wont be affected by the doors or switch (all the switching and light delay stuff hapens on the negative side of the circuit) so use this positive and behind the light there is a couple of small holes in the bodywork where you can fit your own permanent earthing point bypasing the door switches use this as the other connection for the lights, i have already used these connections to add map lights to mine which can be used irrespective of what the interior light is doing, hope this is of help to you

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im sorry but i didnt think to take any pictures! doh but i will try and help, take your sunvisors out and compare them to the vectra ones and you will see the mount (the bit that hinges) is different, what i did was remove the mount and arm by pulling it out of the visor itself and then cut the back off the arm which goes into the mount because it looks like it would have broke if i had tried forcing that out. then i did the same on the vectra sunvisors and kept the hollow arm which then went into the astra mount and put back in the sunvisor, pulled the wires through the hollow arm, wired and fitted them.

it took about an hour or so do and i managed to break the clip that holds the other side which i had to remove to get into the head lining to do the wiring because i was not lucky enough to have the wires already there . so i am just waiting for them to come in to vauxhall and should be all finished.

hope this helps! and will try to get a finished pic!