Thread: Going to be a big debate for some time this - Sharia Law in the UK

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Going to be a big debate for some time this - Sharia Law in the UK

Please be careful in how you reply to this as I dont want it to become racial in any way or form.

what do you think to the Arch Bishop of Canterbury's calls for the UK to allow some Sharia Laws?

gen on the subject here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7233335.stm

I personally dont even think it should be debated let only even considered, but I would like to here other peoples opinions on this subject
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It wouldn't be allowed the other way around, so why should we allow it over here? It's just another step to loosing our Britishness. IMO, if people want to come and live in this country, then they should live by the Rules and Laws in place, not think they can bring their own over, which don't apply to the majority.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^^ definetly true matt, if they don't like how we live here or they want to bring their culture and laws to this country, then get out, simple answer! (sorry if this is offending, but there isn't really any other way to put it)
    It's fair enough that we are a multicultural society, but we shouldn't be into it this far, it's getting way out of hand and we are loosing the right to be British!
    Number 365 VXR

Status
    Bit busy... be back soon!
    Drives
    Astra Coupe 2.2
    Mentioned in
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Follow AndyH On Twitter Add AndyH on Facebook Add AndyH on Google+
    Putting it as neutrally and simplistically as possible...

The laws of any given country were/are designed for that country, and as a result work best in that country. I don't think you can apply the laws in question here in this country, any more than you could successfully and legitimately apply our laws to another country without there being uproar in that country.
    Actively proving that post counts mean jack sh*t since 1971

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    My opinion has and aways will be that we should adopt a "When In Rome" attitude to all of it. shouldn't ever be considered.

we may as well sign the keys to the country to anyone who asks for them if we're going to let people live by their own laws. didn't we fight two world wars to make sure our country stayed exactly that? OUR country..!
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Sorry but I am not racist in any way and I live in an area of wales with a very big muslim influence and some of my closest friends are muslims, but no, sharia law is ok for a country that is/has always/will ever be muslim. Britian is not muslim, will never be muslim (predominantly) and will always be mixed religion, whether you are catholic, muslim, jewish, hindu, protestant, atheist, whatever. We are facing a future of mixed races living together (which I don't have a problem with) but we all have to live together so we CANNOT oppress each other's religous rules upon each other regardless if we we do not approve.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    we may as well sign the keys to the country to anyone who asks for them if we're going to let people live by their own laws. didn't we fight two world wars to make sure our country stayed exactly that? OUR country..!
    Exactly. If a certain small tashed German had has his way 60 odd years ago, I'm pretty sure there would be non of the multi-culturalism there is today.

Milzy
    I'm asian, okay I was born here but irrispective of that, this kind of shit pisses me right off.

If you dont like the laws and/or way of living dont come and live here. Pretty simple.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They could bring in public stoning from one of those backwards underdeveloped countries

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Visit any middle eastern country and ask them to amend their laws see what you get apart from maybe losing your tongue for daring to speak such words.

I have been there and it ain't that liberal

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast