Thread: Astra Coupe Turbo Buying Advice...?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Astra Coupe Turbo Buying Advice...?

Ok, been crusing round all winter in a loverly £300 white mk3 astra 5 door bargin banger! and im ready for a new car... the car i want is an Astra Coupe Turbo... just wondering whats to look out for when buying one, as ive never had a turbo'd car before!

need to know stuff like, how long should i run the car to see if the turbo seals have gone and stuff like that?

thanks in advance! chris

*PS* and optional extra's i should look out for? did they all come with trip computers? did they all come with sunroofs? etc... etc..
    Star Silver Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll give ya the best advice for buying a coupe turbo, Buy mine (only done 25k FSH pm me if interested)

Lol as for looking at one, make sure u see the car when its cold, as when a engine is warm it can hide things. Obviously check to see if it smokes at all on start up and when u drive it check in your mirror for smoke when ur on boost and when ur on under run. Check the enigne over and make sure its not making any dodgy rattles or noises. the Z20 LET is common for the water pump to fail so make sure that and the timing belt has been done as accordence to millage (idealy should be done every 40k) Check to see if the oil is nice and clear with no yellow gunk by takign the oil filler cap off inspecting in there. and then check for usual any oil leaks et... that every thing works and also signs of damage repair like in the engine bay and body pannels
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    minor oil leaks seem to be quite common, had a few myself anyway & its usually just been a perished hose needs replacing, something needs tightening etc. As for extras Im no expert but I can tell you mine has no sunroof or leather but does have a few goodies like air con, cruise control, cd multichanger and I think they all came with trip computer. The 888 is the one with all the bells and whistles wouldn't mind one myself but they're too pricey for me and the performance is the same anyway.
    coupe turbo on the mend