Thread: Help please. worried

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help please. worried

Right when i was on moped when i was 16, recieved 3 points and 60 fine for an lc20. I am pretty sure you can have up to 12 points on a provisional tho.

Passed my test in septmber, points still on my license.

Today when round corner doing 40, spotted arive alive van, slammed brakes on, got down to 30. There was a bike in front of me aswell

Question: Do you think i got caught (braked pretty quick), or would it be focusing on the bike?

If so whats best course of action if I get letter through:

1. Demand photo
    2. Get my mum to take it

Status
    Top Gear Guy
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right first things, here goes my anti speeding rant......

If you speed you take the punishment like a man....to suggest you get your mum to take it is not only illegal but will be proved otherwise when they check the photo.

Secondly...did you get caught????? how do we know, do what everyone else does, wait for the letter!
    Now an Audi A3 Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by ledster
    some say he should have driven faster,some say he has the memory of a gold fish,all we know is he was 10 minutes late...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    am pretty sure you can have up to 12 points on a provisional tho
    You can only have 6 until 2 years after you pass.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah ino, and i dont normally speed however I was doing 40 as i thought the area was a 40 zone, as it was not built up

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomequipped View Post
    yeah ino, and i dont normally speed however I was doing 40 as i thought the area was a 40 zone, as it was not built up
    I don't understand you. you thought it was a 40 zone, so when you were doing 40, you slammed on when you saw the van? why..?!

if you slammed on because the bike in front slammed on, then how close were you? Too close? so add tailgating (my other pet hate) to the speeding. Either way, no offence here but you deserve the points.

What speed do you think you were doing when the van had clear Line of Sight at you? If you were under 35 you may have JUST gotten away with it, but in future if you know you're speeding please don't come on here and ask if you should commit fraud.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats what i was thinking pete, why slam on ur brakes if you thought it was a 40?
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    take it like a man, speeding is a no no
    Vectra SRi 150 Astra Sri BMW 320TI Subaru Impreza WRX Astra Coupe Bertone

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Hodge View Post
    right first things, here goes my anti speeding rant......

If you speed you take the punishment like a man....to suggest you get your mum to take it is not only illegal but will be proved otherwise when they check the photo.

Secondly...did you get caught????? how do we know, do what everyone else does, wait for the letter!
    Nail on the head.

Chances are they wouldn't have been focussed on the bike aqs they don't have front number plates so would be worthless taking a pic of the front of a bike.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would defo ask to see evidence, if they jumped between the bike and car they would never get a good reading. You need to stay under the limit at all times till the 2 years are up !

If you get your mum to say she was driving you could both get done for attempting to pervert the course of justice - quite often a custodial sentence.

Status
    couldn't care less!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get your mum to take it????

Thats just wrong. I got caught, admitted it, apologised, got fined and then sat having a chat with the copper, who i maight add was one of the friendliest iv met and he still acknowledges me now! No point in denying it as youll only make things worse for yourself. And it teaches you to slow down A LOT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast