Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Strange results

I have an Astra H 2.0 Turbo [170]

Going home from work yesterday the car started playing up. I went onto the motorway and went to accelerate only to experience a juddering/ hesitation and no real power and the exhaust emmisions light came on.
    I nursed the car home and by the time I got home the car sounded like a Subaru Impreza.
    Took the car to the garage today and the ODB port on the car isnt working so no diagnostics. I kept the car under 2000 revs and by the time I got home I decided to give the right pedal a tickle........all is fine no juddering, pules like it should.

Went to go to work tonight, started the car and it is running lumpy again, juddering/ hesitating/ kangarooing. I pulled over, stopped the car and restarted the car...........all is fine again, smooth, plenty of power.

Is this a misfire, problem with the plugs or coil pack?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    whats the milage on her i had a similar problem turned out it was a dodgy dis pack but firstly id check the condition of your plugs

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its done 44k and was last serviced at 36k.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Air flow meter

I've had the same problem with my gsi, went with the plugs, coil pack etc etc till i got it right,

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeh i had the same problem with mine, turns out it was missfiring cylinder so spark plugs were replace and that sorted it out. Buty also could be afm but go for the cheap option on the plugs first.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info guys, it is going in for a service on Thursday and to get the minor problems sorted. The car seems to be running okay just now, just a slight hesitation when the boost comes on. It has got warmer since I was having the problems and was wondering if it could be the AFM as it only seemed to happen last week when it was between 0 and 2.5 degrees. Its now 13.5 and I cant seem to replicate the problem?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was it doing this from cold as if the coolant temp is not fully up and you give it some stick the engine management will go into limp mode to stop you damaging the engine. Turn off and restart the car sorts it out and then wait a little longer then give it some. mine has done it once or twice when the weathers been cold and not quite up too temp.
    Dont Hate the Player...............Hate the Game