Thread: Roof rails for Zafira

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Roof rails for Zafira

How permanent are the roof rails on the Zafira? My car has none, and I would prefer to keep it that way but I think I could definately do with some for when I go on holiday, as a roof box would come in handy for extra space. Is it easy to put on the roof rails and take them off again?

The Zafira is not the most practical for space when having to use all 7 seats!
    - 2004 Vauxhall Zafira GSi - Silver, work in progress..
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine has them and i wanted to take them off but found out that you have to take the roof lining down on standard factory fitted ones so mine are now a pemanent fixture

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you want to fit them, as well as getting the roof rails, you will need to get new gutter rails as well.

Status
    Club Team
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the roof racks cost the same for both with and without rails i woud stay without all the hastle for no extra gain had my rack on and off in 5min
    Arden Blue Zafira Gsi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Zafira Roof Rails

Just purchased a 2004 Zafira Life but it doesnt have the roof rails on it. Can they be purchased and how easy are they to fit? anybody got any advice please? also found a pair for sale on ebay but they are off a 2007 model and wondered if they would be compatable with my 2004 model, hope somebody can advise ........ many thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    See above m8, they can be purchased but you have to replace the gutter rails as well and drop the headlining to get to all the bolts. And no the 2007 would be a Zafira B and yours is an A so no go on that one either.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    See above m8, they can be purchased but you have to replace the gutter rails as well and drop the headlining to get to all the bolts. And no the 2007 would be a Zafira B and yours is an A so no go on that one either.

Ok thanks, not sure what to do now as really need to sort out getting a top box fitted as with all 7 seats in use it leaves no room for the luggage, guy at the garage that sold me the car said it would be an easy thing to do, guess he just wanted the sale

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You don't need the roof rails to fit a roof bars to the Zaf. The gutters have panels that slide to allow to to fit some bars.