Thread: Advice needed

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Advice needed

At the moment I have 1yrs ncb but should have 2yrs. I am insured with tescos and they are holding back my 1yrs ncb because of a pending claim against me.
    The story is that my ex girlfriend is trying to claim against my policy for whiplash. Her claim is completely fraudulent (think she took the break up hard), basically she said that I drove into the back of her new "boyfriend's" (some one she got to make up stuff for her) car.
    I had the police come round and ask me what happened and I just said that I haven't got a clue what your on about. They never saw the car because I scrapped it, it was an old metro I bought at auction (lovely car but after the head gasket went it was going to cost more than the car was worth to repair). Also the other fellas car was never inspected because he ended up rolling it and scrapping that.
    She told me who the new boyfriend was (think she was just trying to wind me up), but the tone of her voice dropped when I said " O really I know him".
    He was an old mate so I popped round for a chat. Told him the story and he told the insurance company next time they rang up that he didn't know anything about this accident where I supposedly gave her whiplash.
    But she is apprently still trying to claim.
    I haven't been in contact with the insurance company or her for over a year. Where do I stand? I told tescos insurance that I expect to be reimbursed for it after the claim is settled, because I have been paying an extra 50 quid a month for over a year now and they agreed to it.
    What do I do now? Everytime I call tesco they tell me they will get someone to ring me back regarding my claim but I never get a call back
    Sorry for the essay

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown View Post
    At the moment I have 1yrs ncb but should have 2yrs. I am insured with tescos and they are holding back my 1yrs ncb because of a pending claim against me.
    The story is that my ex girlfriend is trying to claim against my policy for whiplash. Her claim is completely fraudulent (think she took the break up hard), basically she said that I drove into the back of her new "boyfriend's" (some one she got to make up stuff for her) car.
    I had the police come round and ask me what happened and I just said that I haven't got a clue what your on about. They never saw the car because I scrapped it, it was an old metro I bought at auction (lovely car but after the head gasket went it was going to cost more than the car was worth to repair). Also the other fellas car was never inspected because he ended up rolling it and scrapping that.
    She told me who the new boyfriend was (think she was just trying to wind me up), but the tone of her voice dropped when I said " O really I know him".
    He was an old mate so I popped round for a chat. Told him the story and he told the insurance company next time they rang up that he didn't know anything about this accident where I supposedly gave her whiplash.
    But she is apprently still trying to claim.
    I haven't been in contact with the insurance company or her for over a year. Where do I stand? I told tescos insurance that I expect to be reimbursed for it after the claim is settled, because I have been paying an extra 50 quid a month for over a year now and they agreed to it.
    What do I do now? Everytime I call tesco they tell me they will get someone to ring me back regarding my claim but I never get a call back
    Sorry for the essay
    Hi,

You need to get in contact with the insurer to see what stage the claim is at.
    Have they been told everything that has happened?
    If not do so and ask what the time frame will be for a settlement and what is the hold up get as much info as possible from them to rely to your current insurer.

Dan.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could you not contact Citizense Advice or Seek Legal Advice? Somethings not right here!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I told them shes making it up and so did the bloke who's car she was meant to have been in. Think tescos are really stop with all their claims. What I got hit im my saxo that claim to bloodly ages! lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tesco's are good at selling food. They are not good at insurance - it's obvious from the poor way that they are dealing with this phantom claim. Probably a trainee who hasn't got the gumption to make a decision. Dump 'em when you get the opportunity and use a real insurance company for future policies. I recommend Prudential.
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.

Status
    Cumbrian RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have a cliam in with tesco, one year on and still nothing.... 3 Ncb lost and my acess to.... someone hit me going through a no entry sign...... why is it taken so long.....

with Adrian flux now......
    Where are the Cumbrian Members??
    Anyone Seen Them!

Drives a Fiat Bravo 165 sport....