Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 42-44mpg On 100bhp 1.7cdti Sri 2005 Astra?????

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy 42-44mpg On 100bhp 1.7cdti Sri 2005 Astra?????

Hi Can Any One Please Help Me, I Have Had Diesel Cars For The Last 5 Years Due To The Miles I Do To Get To Work And Recently Had To Change Cars So Purchased A 2005 (dec) Cdti Sri 100bhp Because Well They Just Look Fantastic, However The Mpg Is Not! The Book States 55mpg And Do Most Of My Miles On A-roads So Stay Around 50-65mph So Should Really Be Getting Around That Figure, However My Computer Average Is Reading Around 42mpg. The Car Only Has Only Had 1 Owner Has 10k On The Clock And Has Fdsh. I Have Searched The Net And Found A Few People Complaining About The Same Problem But Others Saying Their Mpg Is Great So Feel There Must Be A Problem Somewhere But Can Not Find Any Real Answers As To Why. Therefore I Have Joined This Site To Ask The Experts So Please Help Me If You Can Its Costing Me A Fortune! Thanks A Lot, I Love The Car But Cant Understand Why It Glugs The Fuel Down! Mick.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That does sound low, my 1.9 CDTi has been returning an average 46.3 MPG since i last reset the comp 6 months ago. I mainly do city stop start and some urban. Iv`e just put a DTUK green box on so i hope to see more MPG for my £££
    199 BHP 322 lbs/ft Torque from a smokey diesel!!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I have a 1.7 CDTi Design registered early December. Trip computer is disabled. So I use the method that I have used since my 1966 HA Viva. (Notebook and slide rule) To date I have obtained (46 - 50.3 Mpg).

I was assuming that this is why they disabled the BC, hoping no one would notice. Its very new and i was hoping that it might improve once its loosened up a bit.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm getting 49 from my 1.9CDTi (150ps), the 1.7 should return more. As long as you are driving sensibly and doing those sorts of road, you should be getting more. FIrst thing to do is make sure you fuel computer is accurate. Try calulating your mpg by hand or on a spreadsheet if you are good in Excel. If you have a Sports button, leave it turned off!

One thing that helps give better economy is to have your instant economy showing and try to maintain as higher figure as possible. Even the slightest amount of lift on the throttle pedal can make a difference.

If bad mpg persists, take it to your Vauxhall dealer and complain. They may have a newer sopftware release which may help.
    8 Astras in a row! Can Anyone Beat That?
    Star Silver Astra Sporthatch SRi XP 1.9 CDTi (150PS)
    A Vauxhall site about Vauxhalls.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I Have a1.7 cdti and have always checked my milage by having a set amount of fuel eg . £30 and I know I will not do less than 300 miles going to work. In the summer going to my caravan in Wales I get between 400 and 450 miles. Every time I fill up I reset the trip so I am always checking my consumption.
    Elanmac

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Diesels don't really free up properly till 20-30k on the clock. Make sure it's had an oil change, and is running the proper oil (5W30 fully synthetic).

Mine's getting 44-48mpg, 50/50 city/motorway.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks

Just A Quick Note To Say Thanks For Your Reply And Help I Am Now Talking To My Nearest Vauxhall Garage For Assistance In This Matter As You Have Confirmed What I Thought, There Does Seem To Be A Problem Somewhere With The Car And If So I Will Post Me Findings Here To Aid Any Other Person That May Have This Problem!
    Thanks Again, Mick

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am averaging about the same mpg on a 1.7cdti (42-44) about 50/50 city/motorway driving. I am driving normally (no horseing around ). I dont have the car long so thought that this was about the norm!
    If you find out anything let us know.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow some of you 1.9 150 cdti owners are getting good mpg!!!! mine sits at 36.8mpg at absolute best and i get 500 miles to a tank if i drive like an 80year old sunday driver (only ever managed 500 miles once)
    should it get more per tank????? tbh compared with my 2.2 its doing alot more per tank full!
    oh i do 80% motorway miles and no stop-start traffic stuff
    Fitted options: Folding mirrors, cruise control, dual tone horn, remap.
    Next: Bluetooth

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a major factor is driving style imo, then theres the fact they will loosen up over the first 20-30k,
    also dont 100% trust the trip comp as its not 100% accurate, better calculating it manually a couple of times (fill to the brim, then drive until is very very empty, take note of miles and do this 4 or 5 times and average it out) to get a more true figure,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast