Thread: coupe turbo or gsi . . . ?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

coupe turbo or gsi . . . ?

hi, aint been on here for a while, since selling my last mk3 but i'm looking to get another astra next so i'm after some opinions! here's a couple of pics of my old astras :

seeing as these were the two most fun and reliable cars i've had it seems only right that my next car is a vaux!!

now i'm struggling to make a decision between the astra coupe turbo and the gsi turbo, obviously the same engine but would there be any difference in performance?

i wont be doing much looks wise if i get the gsi turbo but if i get a coupe i'll be going down the euro'd route!

any opinions/advice would be appreciated!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Completely down to personal choice, same performance - different look. I favour the coupe simply because I hate large spoilers.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive had hatch and coupe and love the coupe to bits
    astra coupe bertone on 18" pro race 1.2s now on coilovers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The coupe is more grown up and I feel has more of a Q-car look about it than the GSi, both are just as good as the other so it will be totally down to you. I would go for a coupe myself but if a GSi was cheaper then I would revert to my stingy personality and buy the cheaper one. Both are excellent so try driving both and see which you prefer.

SXi Stu
    Eithers good I prefer the GSi because of the kit and the seats that you get with them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    coupe gets my vote too.... it just looks so much more classier than the GSi but as always its down to personal choice of what u want.

Personally I wouldnt have either - all I want is the engine/box & other parts

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i was thinking gsi purely because i love the look as standard so would only need to lower it a bit, but then buying a coupe would leave me with a few quid left to get it looking how i want . . . !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sure I read somewhere the coupe is over 100Kg heavier. Can anyone with the cars post the weights please?
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _williams_ View Post
    i was thinking gsi purely because i love the look as standard so would only need to lower it a bit, but then buying a coupe would leave me with a few quid left to get it looking how i want . . . !
    I love my coupe they seem to be a liitle rarer than the hatch and look sportier imo, dont need much modding on the outside to make it individual

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i feel the coupe is more car than a hatch...

mine is only the 1.8 coupe and the looks i get is awsome where as i feel a hatch a normal passer buy would just think its a kitted astra
    silver + Black X smooooth = EpicWin!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast