Thread: Seat Covers for my Sport Hatch

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seat Covers for my Sport Hatch

I recently bought a Sport Hatch SXi for quite a good price. One of the reasons for getting it at such a good price though was that there was quite a nasty gash in the side bolster of the driver's seat. I've temporarily sewn it back together but I'm looking for a more permanant and nice solution. Replacement seats from breakers seem very thin on the ground so I've been looking into seat covers and found this company.

http://www.tailoredcarseatcovers.co.uk/index.htm

I wondered if anyone on here has had any of their covers and if so can they give an opinion regarding the quality and fit.
    Thanks in advance. David

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome

i've not heard from them....but what about just ordering a new seat cover from vauxhall ??

Would add value to the car, and would look much better than having to get full set of covers

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Welcome Skirmish. I would do as Coo said and get a price from Vauxhall before getting a price from these guys. But for the sake of keeping the new seat cover (from Vauxhall) clean and unworn then I'd also be looking at a set of seat covers on top.

Depends what you want out of your seat cover I suppose. If you want to keep your interior in best condition as possible for shows and the such like then I'd get a cheap seat cover from ebay. If your after a good looking seat which you intend to use everyday then I'd probably just get it recovered from Vauxhall.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the welcomes and replies. Your suggestions of getting a genuine Vauxhall cover is one I have considered but the actual seat part is also looking a little 'tired' and I feel that if I replace the backrest then the seat would also need doing. The local Vauxhall dealer was quoting about £97 + VAT for each cover so I'm looking at a total cost of about £230 which is not a sum to spend lightly! Any thoughts still welcome. Dave

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why not keep it how it is and hold out until you find a complete seat at a breakers bound to be cheaper than the cost of redoing the current seat with a new cover.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh... that is quite expensive !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by se6 View Post
    Why not keep it how it is and hold out until you find a complete seat at a breakers bound to be cheaper than the cost of redoing the current seat with a new cover.
    I think that is a likely outcome however seats for a Sport Hatch (especially while getting a matching colour) are rather rare it seems. There seems to be a lot of demand for them due to the seat tilt mechanisms failing on them. Having said that, I presume that if the mechanism failed on mine it could well be covered under warranty and I'd get a completely new seat?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick update.
    I've found a local car upholsterer who will repair the back rest and the worn seat for £80 - This will involve removing the covers and then taking out the damaged and worn sections, copying and cutting new pieces and replacing them to make the seat as good as new again! This looks like the solution to my problem. thanks to those who contributed ideas.