Thread: Ipod to Cd player problemo...baffling

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ipod to Cd player problemo...baffling

OKies i got a cheap cd player which supports and re charges the ipod. installed it myself swapped the red and yellow wires by cutting and slodering all woz perfect......

then just recently for no reason at all i get a crackling from the speakers when the ipod is playing or loading. cd player and radio are crystal clear!

sounds like a hard drive loading in the backround of the music constantly. have tried my mates ipod, checked the wire to the ipod and thats fine, updated my ipod still no luck.....finally took the whole thing out checked fuse all wires ect the red/yellow wires were fine and it still crackles......................................ANY IDEAS???????............. its a mk4 3dr with standard speakers, no amp, no sub, only thing done to the ice is the cd player which is a cheapo ripspeed i3000 i think.....any help or ideas would be appricated!
    SPORT TO SIXTY IN 8.6 SECS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's either the cd player or the link to the ipod as i am using mine with my alpine and have fitted lots, as clear as a bell i would say it was the way the cd player was converting the information received from the ipod

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what cable does it use? does it plug into the docking port or the jack socket?
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust