Over the past two weeks my car has dropped in power considerably.
Even when warm, the engine struggles to pick up when under even minor load (eg booting it in second) it feels like its being held back or like I have an artic hooked up in tow. Often with flat spots as it gets higher up through the revs.
When the car is cold it will also occasionally jerk when accelerating up to 3k revs (I won’t take it any higher than this when cold)
After testing on a private road it fails to hit 100mph falling short at about 95, and that it takes ages to reach this speed. Previously it would reach 100 and continue onto 125 (top speed).
I have tried the paperclip text, but all this does is switch the EM light off does this mean there are no fault codes or that the paperclip test isn’t working on my car? I thought that as it’s not ODB2 it would work?
• Oil and air filter changed in last 1000 miles
• Spark Plugs changed 12 months ago
• Cam belt/water pump being changed on Wednesday
• TB cleaned using carb cleaner
• Running on Tesco 99, although the problem started about 2 weeks ago when I was running Tesco 95 for the first time in ages due to the long expensive month.
What should I look at doing guys? Cheapest options first please as the car has cost me a fortune recently