Thread: Thurlby Sport 200bhp Sportive SE Astra Van - 1 week on..

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thurlby Sport 200bhp Sportive SE Astra Van - 1 week on..

Well its a week since i collected the keys from Sarah at Thurlby, and ive got to admit that im smitten by my new toy.

Where do i start???

The van is very car like, and im glad i spent a few £'s on speccing it up. I added the optional Bluetooth linked to the CD30 (no mp3 option :sus, sight and light pack, steering wheel controls, alarm and 12v power output in the back.. Im sure there is something else..

The bluetooth is a godsend, as i have 2 mobiles its ideal as you can swap between phones using the steering wheel controls (once you've paired them up), and i love the auto lights . Only wish AFL had been an option as i had that on my Vectra and it was brilliant. On that note, the bulbs in this van MY08 definately seam a lot better that were fit as standard in the hearse...

Onto the extra Thurlby bits and pieces, im well and truly used to 4 pot brakes, and these new Alcons are no exception, they are absolutely fabulous and again a worthwhile upgrade, moreso if you're running 200bhp in an empty van.

The Thurlby Sport high flow down pipe has definately made an improvement as the van revs very freely, and just wants to pull (this is as standard) and this has improved even more with the addition of the Simota Carbon Charger (Y)

So to sum up, i think its a fab piece of kit :love::love::love::love: and i just cant stop driving it :nah::nah::nah: if you're in the market for a workhorse then look no further than the new AstraVan

Onto stage 2...

As ive added a few miles to the clock this last 7 days, i thought it was about time to try the new crd2(09), and the "ABYSS" map... Now i know some of you will think i am being biased, as i own DTUK and write the software, but O.M.G i can now see what all of you guys have been raving about. I first of all set the box on Map1 power 0, then went to +1 (this setting we saw 201bhp/319lbft 2 years ago) and all i can/could say is :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
    Its silky smooth, and very driveable, if you want to drive it steady and take your time you can, plant your right foot and you awake an animal , i know that the down pipe/induction will be helping, but this is so so smooth, and :love::love::love:

I then moved onto the ABYSS map, and fekking hell... Again you can drive it sensible, but once you put any amount of weight on the throttle she is away.. 1800rpm in 4th gear (approx 40mph) from 1700-1900 revs you can feel the torque kicking in, then it seams to kick in again at around 3,000 rpm then just pulls for Toffee (Y)

This is the first time in approx 12 months ive driven a "boxed" car as ive been driving the hearse, but i have surprised myself tonight, and think ill pat myself on the back lol

I did try plus 1 but found that the throttle response was too brutal, and much prefer power 0. Things to consider are that every car/van is different, and as we all well know mileage plays a massive part in changing the characteristics of the the car as the miles mount up.

Anyway, thats it i hope ive manage to get myself across in an unbiased manner, and if anyone is in the market for a fast van and is in the North East, drop me a pm and ill take you out for a test flight

Andrew (Y)
    Diesel Tuning UK - 1.9CDTI - 206bhp/430nm
    Exclusive Offers for Paying Members of A.O.C
    www.diesel-performance.co.uk

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very impressive van there. Wish i could afford something of that quality. I'll be happy if I find a decient MK4 van for myself.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks very smart !!!

Status
    Club Team
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sweet

Arden Blue Zafira Gsi

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does look good but do you have to have all the stickers all over it?
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice van man i got a 2000 sportive in silver 80bhp 147000 on it dont know if its worth upgrading with the high miles on what you think ? maybe get new sri deisel engine for it ?????

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thread is over a year old, the van has been sold on as well. If you have a specific question regarding diesel tuning please use the diesel forum
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members