Thread: Ocd?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ocd?

I dont know what it is but over that last 4 months i have been having this problem. Its kinda hard to explain but say i have closed e.g my fridge and i know i have closed it i have to check it again after i have closed it and then again before i go to bed. its not just on that its like if i put the top on a bottle and i know its tight i have to check it again or my mind sorta keeps thinking about it. its odd coz i dont realy care if i havent tightened a bottle top enough all that will happen is that it might get spilt but i mind makes me check it again, its happening with alot of things and its realy starting to anoy me, is this some sort of OCD or something?
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It sounds just like OCD

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i do the same thing with locking the car mate, i always have to walk round the car to check if all the doors have locked properly and the windows are up (even tho i have a total closure thingy), i then peer through the window to check if the alarm light is flashing just to make sure.

i also do this with numbers mate, sad i know, but i never do things in three's, it'l either be a four or a two.

yes, i am wierd! lol
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A51M View Post
    i do the same thing with locking the car mate, i always have to walk round the car to check if all the doors have locked properly and the windows are up (even tho i have a total closure thingy), i then peer through the window to check if the alarm light is flashing just to make sure.

i also do this with numbers mate, sad i know, but i never do things in three's, it'l either be a four or a two.

yes, i am wierd! lol
    Oh numbers are the worst!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is there any ways to cure OCD?
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Google it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskell View Post
    Do you have any problems with spelling and grammar? As in you have to correct it and retype a section of text until it is spelled correctly? no because i am dislexic

Do you ever find yourself having to clean any item that has came into contact with something else since you last used it? normally only in the toilet i cant touch something with my bare hands e.g if i want to pull the flush or use the toilet brush i have to wrap my hand in tissue before i touch it and then after i have to wash my hands throughly stright away

Does everything have to be perfect if your doing it yourself? only on some things not often tho but if i have done something and know i can do it better then i will do it again, even if it was good enough anyway, but like i say not on everything just somethings sometimes
    i think i have a small case of OCD, and what i put in my first post of this thread is driving me mad
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you seen a doctor? Thats your only option for 'official' help! Otherwise there are support groups and people that can help you learn to live with the small issues!

HTH

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskell View Post
    Have you seen a doctor? Thats your only option for 'official' help! Otherwise there are support groups and people that can help you learn to live with the small issues!

I am only 19, and got diagnosed around a year ago when I went into depression from a failed relationship, and at the time my doctor told me there was not much he could do, and referred me to a psychiatrist, and again, there was not much she could do about it! After a lot of research I found forums, similar to this, to be the best place to rant about it, and people listen and suggest ways of overcoming some of the problems! It is the best way to learn how to live with it in my opinion! PM me if you would like more details!

HTH

thanks for your help mate, mines not to bad its just the first post that i put thats realy anoying, i dont think i will go to the doctor about it, i am quite a indipendant person and like to think i dont realy need anyone so i am gona try to overcome it using my will power and if that fails i will have to just deal with it as a part of me. i wont try beat it tonight i will start monday morning as this way i might be able to get it in a frame of my mind that i am gona be able to overcome it starting then and also i wont be able to sleep if i start it now coz i will be itching to dort it out. cheers mate
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No problems, I hope you get it sorted out soon!

For anyone else that is worried about it then check this out:

http://www.adaa.org/Public/selftest_OCD.htm

HTH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast