Thread: How do you wire two amps in series

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy How do you wire two amps in series

Have a problem im trying to solve but not gettin anywhere fast so i am putting in here in the hope someone can help

I have recently purchased a set of 1000w peak power 6x9`s and an amp 2 channel 1000w to power them also i want to install a sub in the boot also and have a Pioneer 15" sub and a phoenix gold GX2500 amp which i was given for free and all the wiring kit.

I know how to wire up one amp but am struggling to figure out if i will need a seperate cable to pwer each amp or if i can bridge them. Also i have on the back of my head unit one rca out (red/white plug) and only one remote wire can i join the two rca`s together for each amp and can i run the battery positive cable to both amps or do i need seperate ones and can u use the same remote wire for each one.

What core of wire will be suitable for the sub to use? and also what is the best thing to fill the sub box i am building for the spare wheel well waddin or dynamat to give a crisper sound and bass. The 6x9`s are going on the acoustic shelf i made already.

can anyone help me please????

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    6x9's with a sub are pretty pointless.
    As for the power cable, you can run one cable to the boot, then use a Fused distributer/splitter, and run 2 cables out of it. There are tables and charts online to show which thickness of cable you should be using.

Remote lead can just be run to one amp, then piggybacked to the 2nd one.

RCA's, the amp may have an output, in which case use that to link the 2nd amp. Other wise you can buy RCA splitters.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    As above, your 6by9's will get cancelled out by your sub tbh. Also it can damage the 6by9's due to the air displacement by the sub.
    Once it's wired up see how it sounds then disconnect the 6by9 amp and almost everytime it'll sound better (for SQ)
    If you amp a set of components in the front then that will normally give the best results when coupled with a sub. From personal experience i put 6by9's in the shelf with a sub in the boot and yes it was loud(ish) but the quality just wasn't there.