Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Too far?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7204635.stm

What do you think, I think this is way too far, you can't just pretend the things don't exist!

And keep it clean or i presume it'll get locked if people start going "if they ****ed off we wouldnt have this problem" etc.

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing suprises me these days about the UK...
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    100% to far and I only read the first 2 lines. Its not equal for all religions so why should we change everything about the British history and culture for one religion.

Its not equal or balanced so there for unfair and ridiculous. All it will do is fuel the fire for the day the people turn on the councils and governments and want there country back.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    unfortunately that there is a prime example of the fear factor that the racial discrimination act and the european bill of human rights have combined to produce in this country.

I think the government needs to adopt a "when in rome" attitude and to stop all this PC nonsense. fair enough if something is deliberately produced with the intention of offending someone, but this is a tad extreme. If the organisers of that award scheme ran the country then farmers would be forced to keep their pigs indoors
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This just reminded me.. I was working in Birmingham today and was racially abused I was like WTF
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jews don't eat pork either, but no reference was made to offending them, so that's a very one sided argument, and that in itself make Becta two faced, and discriminatory

It really is a load of bollocks spending all this time, money and effort looking for things that just might just oh so possibly offend someone

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know how many muslims are offended by a f**king pig (some of them in this country can't even speak English) but this crock of shit offends me!!!

If I were to move to India, they wouldn't build a church so I could practice my religion, and censor the whole country for fear of offending the 'white man'.

I am in no way a racist, but this country is traditionally a christian nation, why do we do so much to offend people whose roots don't even lie in Britain??

RANT OVER
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Gaz that is not strickly true as there are 4+ generations (it may be more - just guessing) of muslims in this country now and they have every right to live here. Also as muslims this does go against there faith even if they moved here this year or there great grand parents and I can see the argument they are putting forward.

however I do agree that kids should have the right to choose and be taught both sides, with the PC world we live in it means that its unbalanced and as such they are missing vital lessons in life.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    i think they'll just have to start making this a standard issue reading book in primary school...

NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG View Post
    Gaz that is not strickly true as there are 4+ generations (it may be more - just guessing) of muslims in this country now and they have every right to live here. Also as muslims this does go against there faith even if they moved here this year or there great grand parents and I can see the argument they are putting forward.
    I'm not saying they have no right mate, I just think that certain people go out of their way to find things the 'MAY' offend someone. As said, Jewish people don't eat pork, neither do vegitarians, but the emphasis was put onto muslims, when I'm sure their not really that bothered about it tbh.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast