Thread: Coupe Steering Probs

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coupe Steering Probs

Ever since I had my front passenger hub done, my steering does not feel the same as my front wheels feel like they are bouncing on the road surface when I drive off + it feels like im floating when doing speeds above 60mph and going around bends and all im getting is slight vibrations through the steering wheel and it does pull to the left when going over bumpy roads.

I have had 2 new front tyres which have been balanced twice, once by demon tweeks and the second time by a spot on tyre fitter who took his time and done it right as I seen the reading of it on the machine. Demon tweeks have also laser tracked my car and checked it over, but cant find any faults with it.

Any of you people had a simmler problem or know what could be causing this, im running 215/40/18 Falken FK-451 on standard suspension but everything was fine until the hub was fitted.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check spigot ring hasn't been lost from the back of your alloy when a wheel has been removed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Might be worth getting the tracking checked out, and that all the suspension bushes are still in good condition. Perhaps a bolt hasnt been tightened correctly somewhere even
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It might be worth getting the camber and caster checked ,was the new hub from vauxhall or a motor factors ? it sounds like a problem with the new hub possibly putting the camber out that would explain the way the car feels , vauxhall have the equipment to check this or maybe a local garage could have the equipment

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil w View Post
    It might be worth getting the camber and caster checked ,was the new hub from vauxhall or a motor factors ? it sounds like a problem with the new hub possibly putting the camber out that would explain the way the car feels , vauxhall have the equipment to check this or maybe a local garage could have the equipment
    The hub was from VXL so I think and my local garage fitted it as it worked out alot cheaper but they ordered it at trade price.

This is the read out of my tracking -
    Left Front Camber is -0*53, Caster is 4*08 and Toe 0*08
    Right Front Camber is -0*40, Caster is 4*35 and Toe 0*09
    Total Toe 0*17 and Steer Ahead is 0*00
    I was told the back camber could not be moved on the coupe? and this is the read out -
    Left Rear Camber -2*05 and Toe 0*13
    Right Rear Camber -1*17 and Toe 0*09
    Total Toe 0*23 and Thrust Angle 0*02

Hope this helps about my tracking

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mmm there's not a great deal of diferance in camber,caster , and as regards the rear on a coupe not bieng adjustable im not sure if this is the case or not , its all a bit strange this problem starting after the new hub was fitted this shout's poor alignment

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil w View Post
    Mmm there's not a great deal of diferance in camber,caster , and as regards the rear on a coupe not bieng adjustable im not sure if this is the case or not , its all a bit strange this problem starting after the new hub was fitted this shout's poor alignment
    Yes they are correct camber on the rear can not be adjusted as it has nothing their to adjust that just the design of the fixed axle, check your tyre pressure

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    possible track rod ends??? lower arms??? this fixed a similar problem on my coupe
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma ??? View Post
    Yes they are correct camber on the rear can not be adjusted as it has nothing their to adjust that just the design of the fixed axle, check your tyre pressure
    Im running 215/40/18 Falken FK-451, what should my tyre pressure be on my Cab Turbo because at the moment its 36 psi on front and 32 psi on back?
    Also like phil w said I've only had this problem since my new front pass hub was fitted, do you think this is only a problem VXL could solve? as im running out of idea's on what the problem could be. I know I need 2 new back tyres in the next few weeks as pass side inner is worn but cant see that will make a big difference, as said before only happed or noticed my problem when hub was changed and does not seem to grip the road very well when I accelerate and put power through the front wheels even if its just a little bit of power.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron1980 View Post
    Im running 215/40/18 Falken FK-451, what should my tyre pressure be on my Cab Turbo because at the moment its 36 psi on front and 32 psi on back?
    Also like phil w said I've only had this problem since my new front pass hub was fitted, do you think this is only a problem VXL could solve? as im running out of idea's on what the problem could be. I know I need 2 new back tyres in the next few weeks as pass side inner is worn but cant see that will make a big difference, as said before only happed or noticed my problem when hub was changed and does not seem to grip the road very well when I accelerate and put power through the front wheels even if its just a little bit of power.
    I would try the fronts on 34 psi, good advice from the post just above your's, also did you get the tracking done after the hub was done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast