Thread: Armed Forces

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Armed Forces

Well after watching Ross Kemp in afganistan last night it got me thinking about armed forces in general.

I had been toying with the idea of goin into the armed forces when i was leaving school, but decided as i got an offer, to go to uni, and i dont regret it for a second.

But watching this programme although demonstrating the hardships they face, i can see why they do it and could actually see myself doing it. i think now its too late and i dont regret my decisions, just makes you wonder eh!!

Im not sure what im trying to say, but was just wondering if anyones thought about it, thinking about it, or have done it, and what are everyones general opinions about being in the forces?

Oh and two chinooks just flew overhead, leaned out the window, what a noise!!!
    Astra VXR in Star Silver - Officially the 2nd Rarest Colour

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have nothing but admiration for our armed forces. The same goes for the Police, the Fire Brigade, RNLI, Social Workers etc. - without these people we would absolutely buggered. When I hear people criticising the Police etc. you've got to wonder, would they do the job?
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I feel the same, thought about it a lot but decided against it for something a bit less risky and not so cold and unpredictable. I don't have the right mentality at all for that kind of thing, although i crave that kind of excitement.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-12 View Post
    Oh and two chinooks just flew overhead, leaned out the window, what a noise!!!
    It's when you're stood near one landing or taking off on sand that you really know about it.

Been in the army for 4 years, and like any job it has it's good and bad points. If I was to do it again, I'd have joined the RAF though as they have things very sweet
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    When i left school i was gonnajoin the RAF but i fell in love and she asked me not to join.... 8 years later im with the same girl and glad i didnt join but..... a small part wishes i did only coz of we see on tv and a few people ive met

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i almost joined up to the RAF. had very gd apptitude tests scores (got offered weapon sys op). but couldnt join up due to a P8 code. ive been gutted about it ever since. was only last yr too, still my mate is going in so good on him.

oh and u think that 'nook was loud mark-12. u wanna be inside one. tis brilliant

Nathan
    The Man with a new Plan

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_sxi View Post
    i almost joined up to the RAF. had very gd apptitude tests scores (got offered weapon sys op). but couldnt join up due to a P8 code. ive been gutted about it ever since. was only last yr too, still my mate is going in so good on him.

oh and u think that 'nook was loud mark-12. u wanna be inside one. tis brilliant

Nathan
    What??? is that a new code on tech2? lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nope medical code. all encompassing (as in i cant do ant role in the raf , and pretty sure in the armed forces as a whole.) high frequency deafness.

im gutted cos i got low 90's high 80's in my apptitude tests
    The Man with a new Plan

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well im colour blind do you think that would of mattered?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep i think you would of got the same code. doont quote me on that tho.
    The Man with a new Plan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast