Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk5 2.0t 170 5dr

evenin'

hopefully you kind folks can help me out, just been informed by the bro in law that im off out with him and his old boy to test drive a 05 plate 2.0t 170 5dr Astra.

Basically what should we be looking out for? Any weak points? For folks that run these, what is the likely servicing costs? How much for tyres?

One detail i do have is that the car has had 4 owners in 3 years, this would put me off, but hasnt deterred them, am i being paranoid?

Sorry for all the questions... but hope you can sort me out!

Cheers for your time

Rik

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi and welcome to AOC,

there isnt anything special to look out for that i know of, Just a general look of for damage etc.
    as for the amount of owners i wouldnt be too fussed as long as its been looked after (full service history etc)

Cost of tyres will depend on what size the alloys are, either 17's or 18's, and cost will be between £50-150 depending what quality of tyre you want,

hope that helps alittle but im sure someone more knowledgable will be along soon

Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    check the turbo for signs of oil dripping off the oil return pipe, just get under the car and look upwards. You will see either a metal or rubber pipe that has a flange on the top with 2 x torx bolts holding it on. If there is an oil drip on the bolts then the turbo bearings are shot
    Be Happy