Thread: Alpine X type sub and comp help

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpine X type sub and comp help

Hi guys i've just ordered a 10 inch Alpine type X sub and some type X components for my Cabriolet, i was just wondering weather anyone could advise me on what sub enclosure to get that's suitable for my boot (taking into consideration that the boot isn't very big).

Also i'd like to no what AWG amp wiring kit i'd need, and i also would like to know what would be the best alpine amp to go for, for the sub and for the comps??

cheers guys

alex
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the best alpine amp to go for on that sub is the pdx 1.1000

http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/ish...hopscr317.html

£380 there plus you can get a 10% discount so its £342 there

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers hep just have to save a bit more cash lol.

Anyone got any ideas on the other questions
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'd run an 0awg to the boot. Then split it to a 0/2AWG for that amp, and a 4 awg for amp powering the comps.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Buckle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post
    I'd run an 0awg to the boot. Then split it to a 0/2AWG for that amp, and a 4 awg for amp powering the comps.
    One problem the amp connector is only big enough for 4 guage wiring and that is spot on for the amp.

The amp I would suggest for the components would be either the PDX4-150 or the PDX4-100. But which of the two you buys depends on which type x component you buy from the Type X range i.e. Ref or pro. For the Pro I would get the pdx4-150 and for the ref the pdx4-100. Again like the 1-1000 it only accepts up to 4 guage wiring.

So earth and power connectors both 4 guage, and from the battery to the boot 2 guage wiring, split off buy a fused wiring block to two runs of 4 guage. Eart wireI would use two runs of 4 guage into a non fused distrubution block and then run 3 guage to the ground point from there.

The nice thing with these amps are that they are small and stackable and they have reserves of power by the bucketload.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers basil D. The type x comp's are the ref ones i think, just gotta wait a month till i can afford the amps and the wiring kit then i'll set about installin it