Thread: Improving back end grip

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Improving back end grip

On low speed corners the back of the car feels really loose, on the way home from work tonight I was going round a roundabout at maybe 25-30ish mph and the back end slid out. I caught it and there wasn't any drama, but this has happened three times now. Could just be greasy roads this time of year.
    Any advice on making it handle a bit better? I already have coilovers and 215 wide wheels and tyres.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ?

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    whiteline rear anti roll bar and check your tyres to see if they have good enough tread
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anti roll ball is about 100 quid isn't it? I'm going to upgrade to a set of yoko pradas soon aswell

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Defo the Whiteline RARB, one of the best mods you can do
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fitting a rear ARB will reduce grip at that end of the car and cause it to oversteer rather than understeer like a std car should do. Have you had tyres fitted lately? Make sure you have the tyres with the most tread fitted to the rear of the car.

When i bought my first astra the seller had just put new tyres on the front (8mm front 3/4mm rear) and woosh round it went one night on a greasy road and introduce itself to the armco barrier At least i learned something from that night, lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there was a huge debate on here awhile ago wether to put new rubber on back or front. i personaly put it on the back we as some people say the front.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Fitting a rear ARB will reduce grip at that end of the car and cause it to oversteer rather than understeer like a std car should do. Have you had tyres fitted lately? Make sure you have the tyres with the most tread fitted to the rear of the car.

When i bought my first astra the seller had just put new tyres on the front (8mm front 3/4mm rear) and woosh round it went one night on a greasy road and introduce itself to the armco barrier At least i learned something from that night, lol.
    Must say I disagree with that statement, I fitted the first Whiteline ARB and it's been on a few years now, the grip improved considerably. The car tracks much better round corners, I have personally never had the back end step out on a roundabout/corner despite the fact I push really hard.

IMO the Whiteline ARB is the best mod you can do to the rear end, in fact it's so good it's criminal not to do it
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where can you get a Whiteline rear ARB and is it simple enough to fit myself?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I believe Demon Tweeks sell them.

I got mine direct from Australia but the cost is the same over here now.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast