Thread: atsra 1.6 twinport

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

atsra 1.6 twinport

hi i got a bog standard astra 1.6 twinport mk4 and it need somme more speed any suggestions

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would start by de-restricting the air box and fitting the veccy 'c' air intake pipe (instructions for both can be found in the how to section)

After that you are really looking at exhaust system and sports cat, manifold, cams etc but depends on your budget.

If you can really afford it then go down the turbo route with a kit from regal

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    buy a new car lol, theres only so much you can do with the 1.6 it a very heavy car once its going its actually quite suprisin but off the mark its poor. As above the usual engine mods then exhausts. Once you look into the turbo route you have to way up several bits ie cost, insurance or would it make more sense getting a 1.8 or something similar?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get a performance inlet manifold from Regal. Costs around £800 i think and adds about 25-30bhp. A new performance ECU re-map is also included in price (normally around £300), and i think maybe a rolling road test.

My mate got one on his 1.6 sxi, also has a sports rear box, de-cat centre section and performance front exhaust manifold.

On the rolling road it showed 127 bhp (99bhp standard) but the technician at regal said the ECU was showing loads of fault codes. He recomended to change exhaust manifold back to the standard VX part, and put the standard VX cat back into exhaust.
    Now its pushing 140 Bhp.

Good value for money, but obviously it will affect your insurance. My mate reckons it hasnt changed mpg much because 60 mph requires less revs.