Thread: more power

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

more power

hi im gettin bord of my standrad power output of my mk4 gsi turbo now. i wanna achieve more acceleration and just more power really. ive been reading through the forums for hours now and everyone seems to be doin same things. but not knowing engines much im a bit stuck, so few questions really

1. with the vxr turbo do u just bolt it on and then you get wat bhp and upgrade
    2. vxr injectors the same as b4 bolt on and away you go

they seem the most used mods so wat else could i do r the stage kits from courteney good or regal better and wat stage/phase is best

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Courtenay Sport Stage 1
    Tech 2 Full Diagnostic Check. Factory Base Software Upgrade as required, Exclusive Courtenay Sport Software upgrade. Software customising whilst on our rolling road optimising fuelling, full boost and ignition maps, Full Power and Torque Graph Print Outs.
    Increases up to 245 bhp £495 Fitted
    Courtenay Sport Stage 2

Tech2 Full Diagnostic Check. Factory Base Software Upgrade as required, Exclusive Courtenay Sport Stage 2 Software upgrade, High Flow Large Lower Front Mounted Intercooler*, Software customising whilst on our rolling road optimising fuelling, full boost and ignition maps, Full Power and Torque Graph Print Outs.
    Increases up to 255 bhp £1,295 Fitted*
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3
    Tech2 Full Diagnostic Check. Factory Base Software Upgrade as required, Exclusive Courtenay Sport Stage 3 Software upgrade, High Flow Lower Front Mounted Intercooler*, VXR (Z20LEH) turbocharger, VXR Actuator. The turbo, combined with our software, is the key to increasing power beyond the 260 bhp mark and producing a strong torque curve, Software customising whilst on our rolling road optimising fuelling, full boost and ignition maps, Full Power and Torque Graph Print Outs.
    Increases up to 265 - 270 bhp £2,060 Fitted*
    Courtenay Sport Stage 4
    Tech2 Full Diagnostic Check, Factory Base Software Upgrade as required, Exclusive Courtenay Sport Stage 4 Software upgrade, High Flow Lower Front Mounted Intercooler*, VXR High Flow Injectors, VXR (Z20LEH) turbocharger, Uprated Actuator and Stainless Steel Bracket. The turbo, combined with our software, is the key to increasing power beyond the 260 bhp mark and producing a strong torque curve. Higher flow injectors ensure enough fuel is available mid range to ensure the engine does not run lean, Software customising whilst on our rolling road optimising fuelling, full boost and ignition maps, Full Power and Torque Graph Print Outs.
    Uprated Clutch is required on Stage 4 and Stage 4 High Torque Set Up.
    Increases up to 285 - 290 bhp
    300 lb ft Torque
    High Torque Map Available £2,330 Fitted*

go by what is said above, will give u idea of bhp and what is needed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A cat back system with pre-cat replacement is recommended to get rid of the exhaust gasses more efficiently. I think a sports cat is only really needed for 280+.
    Also get a panel filter and the veccy C pipe fitted.

Personally i wouldnt bother with a VXR turbo until your GSi one goes pop.
    Arden Blue GSi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my gsi is standard ish vxr turbo scorpion zorst standard factory map and noticed more pull with vxr turbo
    arden blue astra gsi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I noticed alot more pull with my vxr turbo fitted! overboosts to 14psi and settles at around 10-11!