Thread: bloody floods

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bloody floods

Flew into a flood last night which probably came about halfway up my tyres maybe more. Didn't see it at all as it was pitch black. Must have hit it at about 60mph. Got out of the house ready to go to work this morning and noticed my front splitter was missing!!! Thing it got ripped off in the impact with the water (either that or some little **** stole it over night. Bloody so annoyed. Mate went for a drive this morning to check if he could find it but no joy. Road was A422 between Milton Keynes and Bedford. Anyone comes across it driving around that area let me know please. It's the Reiger front splitter in Europa blue (again just in case someone goes by that way)

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    60mph into water that deep you're lucky it wasn't worse mate. could have taken the whole car off the road into a tree, or taken water into the engine.

hope you find your splitter mate, but you'll be lucky. probably got run over by something else and then the debris moved out of the road. either that or someone else found it whole and took it
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Top Gear Guy
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how was it attached??

I think the theft idea is more likely....or it floated away haha

And to "not see it" at night suggest you need better headlights.....
    Now an Audi A3 Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by ledster
    some say he should have driven faster,some say he has the memory of a gold fish,all we know is he was 10 minutes late...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Hodge View Post
    And to "not see it" at night suggest you need better headlights.....
    I always have to slow right down when there is a lot of standing water, as I cant see big puddles very well on the road at night either with my lights - even with the fogs on.

Hope you get your bumper sorted. Perhaps refer to recent episodes of Top Gear for details on how to make your car into an amphibious vehicle
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeh it was lucky! Think the fact that i tried to slow down just as I saw the dark misty look of the puddle (when it was right in front of me) may have helped. I dont think I would have hit a tree though. Water was so much that car just slowed down into the middle of it. Too be honest it was very hard to see the flooded water because it just blends in with the road in the dark. Hope someone hasnt taken off with it but your right by saying it may have been run over

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i did the same this morning flew in to what looked like a ford in the road had to slam the breakes on which after a bit of sliding i finaly stoped half way in it shit myself had to reverse out, atleast it cooled my turbo and breaks down lol
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hahaha stopping in a huge puddle is asking for trouble!!!

You were very lucky to make it out!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got knock on the door this morning form my local fireman and was asked to move my car wen got out side my road was flodding and it was just under my door seal
    Mk4 ASTRA 1.7DTI Estate On 126K Miles Now 127k 11/10/2008 - - 129K 28/11/2008 - - 130k 04/01/2009 -- Now 138k 08/05/2009 Now 142k and a broken Diff -- 144K

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By the time I had slowed down, I was in the middle of it and guessed it was the worst part so just slowely continued. Plus it would have made me look a tit if I had reversed out because some people had parked up before the flood coming the other way and they would have laughed their heads off (as I would). Funny, noticed today that they only had the flood warning sign coming from the other way.